Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN April 25: Ducati special issue General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN April 25: Ducati special issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN April 25: Ducati special issue

This week we have a special issue dedicated to Ducati, with 27-pages of features on the historic Italian manufacturer. We pit the all-new Ducati 1199 Panigale against its European and Japanese rivals, ride it round the TT course and tell the story of how Ducati became world beaters Also this week, 25-year-old Playboy model and fiancee to Randy de Puniet Lauren Vickers...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 April 2012 11:41)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

Oh thank god someone has done a full test of all the superbikes together on the road. Well done mcn, loving the new layout and especially the bike life section.

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Panigale Review

Thought Adam Child's IOM TT review was brilliant as I guess most Panigales will be used on roads like this rather than Track. As for the group Track Test, I noticed that the Panigale S used for the test did not have the Termi Cans which comes with an ECU uplift, taking it from 177Bhp at the rear to 186Bhp at the rear which I estimate is approx 204Bhp at the crank, maybe then it would have kept up with the BMW. I hear you can't buy a BMW anyway due to the mass Recall.

Reply to this Topic
brianhevans

Nov 05

brianhevans says:

question...

@twobike, can you elaborate on where the Paginale came out in the fold?  I'm in the USA and we don't get MCN here.  It sounds like the Ducati didn't beat the Beemer....I hope this isn't true.

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

OK.

I'll give MCN a miss this week.

Reply to this Topic
cmd4000

Sep 08

cmd4000 says:

A really bad idea!

I don't like Ducatis! A lot of people have no interest in Ducatis for a lot of reasons. Why would you want to dedicate almost half the paper to something that has no interest whatsoever to a large number of readers? Beats me. I'll have to find something else to read now. Anybody tried the original (non-Disney) Pinocchio story? It's quite entertaining and relevant to the current society. (Nothing like Ducatis, then! Although they're both Italian!?) 

Reply to this Topic
spareman

Feb 04

spareman says:

It has been a long time since I last skipped an issue of Motorcycle News (Deliberate italics).
I walked into my local newsagents yesterday, took a look at MCNs' front page, had a quick leaf through it, put it down, turned around and walked out of the shop.
I'm sure that Ducatis, and specifically this Pan o' Garlic thing, are wonderful constructions, but who's idea was it to monopolise the whole paper with them? Is the editor a fourteen year old boy?
The motorcycling demographic has changed somewhat since the Ducati 916 first appeared. We (well, some of us) have matured; adventure bikes are the fastest growing market sector now, aren't they?
Just two words MCN - Grow up!

Reply to this Topic
grapple

Dec 08

grapple says:

Will the next ducati have 2 or 4 wheels as its now owned by audi ?

Reply to this Topic
Evogt

Apr 05

Evogt says:

Love it

Love the shot with all the bikes corning and Hodgson is the only rider with his knee on the deck, awesome.

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

Bored as......

F*ck reading about Ducati's........ Jesus. Mostly ridden by city boy wankers that cant turn and spend the rest of the time bragging about their 'awesome power' whilst drinking in wine bars with their mates Tarquin and Sebastian........Yawn.

Reply to this Topic
brianhevans

Nov 05

brianhevans says:

MCN...

So I say good on ya MCN!  I personally love Ducatis and I'm not a city boy wanker or rich.  I'm actually a professional racer of motorcycles and even though we don't get to read MCN here in the US I think it's awesome you spent so much effort to document and tell the story of THE MOST SIGNIFICANT motorcycle to be made to date.  People you need to get wise.  This 1199 is SO GOOD it almost redefines the word motorcycle, at least as far as high-performance bikes are concerned. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices