Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's your dream biking holiday destination? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What's your dream biking holiday destination?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's your dream biking holiday destination?

There's no better time to plan your dream biking trip than a grey spring day. So money no object, which continent would you most like to see from the saddle? Would you prefer to stay closer to home and discover Europe, or discover completely different cultures in India and Asia? Don't forget to comment below. The best could be feature in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 April 2012 14:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

What

about New Zealand it must be one off the best country's on the planet for a biking holiday

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Europe is the best !

well, I've done lots of Asia as I'm local here, (Nepal, Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Indonesia) also done the east coast US, and a fair bit of Europe. Currently planning a trip to South America. But tbh, Europe is still the best combination of road surfaces and curves, vistas, places to eat and stay, etc. The Pyrennees, Alps and then down into Italy is great - the road west from San Marino is brilliant. Scotland is brilliant in the dry too, but that's too rare.

Reply to this Topic
gordonglover

Feb 04

gordonglover says:

i agree not everybody loves yanks beefburgers or curry

Reply to this Topic
sarahm919

Apr 12

sarahm919 says:

Europe

I'd love to ride down through France across to and round Italy and back up to the UK through Germany and Holland.  Visit the Alps, Italian Lakes, take in the wine regions, Milllau Bridge, Stelvio Pass and definately stay off the motorways.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

sarahm919!

Then why not go out and do it. I was 42 when I first took my bike on the continent and wished I'd done it sooner. Its easier than you think, and once you have been, you will see what a revelation the roads are. Havn't done Italy myself but there's time yet, especially as I've just taken early retirement!

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

American and Canadian rockies.  They make the alps look like the fens.  You have to see it to believe it.  Plus everyone speaks English which is nice and the fuel is cheap!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

In England...

It would be Exmoor then Cumbria In Scotland it would be The Highlands.In Wales it would be Snowdonia. In Europe it would be Many Many places. I have not had the Pleasure of Riding around the world.... but would love to try when I'm older. Live to ride.

Reply to this Topic
zest4living

Nov 11

zest4living says:

Best roads are near home

Sometimes, we want to discover new exciting places far away and we don’t know our own home. I ride my Fireblade through new roads every time I go out with my mates and almost every time, we discover another fascinating road or place. Europe is a huge and brilliant continent. I would never have enough free time in my life, to discover it. Europe is so diverse in any way you can think of, it will always surprise you. The best thing about Europe... It is almost home.

Reply to this Topic
rosst1989

Jul 10

rosst1989 says:

Africa

For me it has to be Africa. I've spent quite a bit of time there and had my first ever go on a bike over there.... And promptly put it in a ditch! I caught the bug though and came home and learnt to ride properly. Two years later I went back and took some bikes out properly and had the most amazing time! I would love to go back someday and do a proper tour of central/east Africa! Maybe one day :)

Reply to this Topic
ZMC888

Nov 09

ZMC888 says:

I live in mainland China, but I'd never reccommend Asia for the average rider, driving standards and road quality are far from ideal. If I lived in the UK I'd head for the alps or Scandanavia.

I did ride in NZ 10 years ago, I highly recommend it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle