Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will the Panigale win a BSB race this year? British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Poll: Will the Panigale win a BSB race this year?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will the Panigale win a BSB race this year?

After a lacklustre start to the 2012 BSB season the worlds only factory built Panigales are struggling to be competitive. The best placing of the opening two rounds was a disappointing eleventh at Brands. Can they improve enough to win a race this season? Remember to post a comment below. The best comments will be featured in MCN!   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 April 2012 14:21)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
skidoff

Dec 10

skidoff says:

I really think Ducati are just testing the ground with the Panigale, It has been tested by Bayliss for six months.  The only problem with the bike so far, is slow corner speeds, its just development at this stage.

Next year a full race team with better riders. I think.

Reply to this Topic
CMB155

Sep 11

CMB155 says:

Riders

Riders are not up to it if Bayliss or another stand out rider was on the bike it would be up there winning not saying that the guys are not talented but hand any one of them Hills R1 and they will still be also ran guys towards that back of the top 10 end of.

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

Muddy686

There is a monumental difference between aluminium and carbon fibre. Its just a monocoque would snap its head stock or be extremely heavy in moto gp if it was made from aluminium.

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Booby18

The only thing I have seen Scott Smart do is prattle on about "Uncle Barry" and as for Abdul Binladen I thought he had been shot and his body dumped in the Atlantic.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Not Untill-----

They put a top rider on it

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

a bit harsh

I think you will find that Scott Smart has won bsb races before and has had other success ,I confess he may not be on top form or the best available at present ,but he is better than his results to date, the other bloke may be better suited to a camel for all I know?, but the bike is clearly not up to bsb winning standard at present,perhaps Rossi can give them some pointers ?mmmmh maybe not oh well

Reply to this Topic
sarahm919

Apr 12

sarahm919 says:

once they sort out any racing issues hopefully the likes of someone like Checa will get one and take it to a win

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

MotoGP spinoff

I think Ducati are going to have as much trouble getting this bike to turn nicely as they had with their MotoGP bikes. If I'm not mistaken, this bike has an engine as a stressed member, with the swingarm and steering head sections bolted onto a rigid block of steel. The MotoGP bikes suffered from lack of flex in the frame and the problem of engine vibrations feeding back into the suspension. This bike will have the same sorts of problems in all likelyhood. Go back to the garage Ducati, get some steel pipes and a MIG welder I say.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices