Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Which racer had the best helmet design? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Which racer had the best helmet design?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Which racer had the best helmet design?

Bike racers aren't known for their taste, over the years we've had everything from donkey ears to dart boards daubed on helmets. But there are a few classic designs that have remained as fresh as the day they were dreamt up. Here's our shortlist, you pick the winner   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 April 2012 14:41)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shallwedance

Aug 11

ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

Ben Spies.

Red, white and blue HJC helmet from last year - stunning!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

The Shortlist

Not such a great shortlist there is it... Seems like just take the biggest names from a few decades slap em up and choose from them regardless of the lid design. Most people will vote for the sun and moon on rider popularity alone. There are some definite candidates missing from this list, a couple I really liked personally was the Kagayama stripes, and Nakano's lid with the eyes on, and the nasa thing that Lorenzo did! Would have been nice to have been able to vote on what made the shortlist :(

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Phil Read

Phil Read An absolute classic, looks as good today as it did then! Had a brief chat with him at the 2007 TT, As approachable as Graeme Crosby and a great rider in his day!

Reply to this Topic
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

Missing a good one...

None of them... Simoncelli's lid looked far more menacing & cooler!

Reply to this Topic
northernbloke

Nov 11

lid design

Every one has a favourite, what about Scott Russell's indian design, Foggies shark lid, Hoppers Kawasaki lid or Leon Haslem's saint and sinner, the list could go on and on and on. Oh and don't forget the Schwantz Pepsi design, but the least you could do is have a poll to decide who WE think has the best design not you.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Wheres CATHCART,S

Alan Cathcarts helmet would have to be one of the most recognisable helmets in the world to any motorcyclist . Plain and simple , looks Great. I personally liked Simon Crafer,s NZ flag , but i,m prob a bit bias.You could tell a mile away when Joey was coming , It stood out like the dogs. Some of the MX helmets painted by TROY  LEE would have to be by far the best looking tho,  

Reply to this Topic
Fixer

Aug 02

Fixer says:

Helmets & recognising the rider

John Cooper's was the best. For those of us with colour defective vision, it was instantly recognisable.

Reply to this Topic
taz_of_tazmania

Nov 02

Kagayama

Yukio Kayayama's blue lid with the two thick white stripes down the centre has been a favourite of mine for a while. It was quite easy to spot and looked really good close up too http://bit.ly/IeZ6c8 The stripes are used by a few folks nowadays so they're less distinctive. I'm sure Yukio wasn't the first to use them either but his was the helmet I really wanted.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices