Skip to content

Ask an Expert yamaha r1 2007 or gsxr 1000 k7 Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > yamaha r1 2007 or gsxr 1000 k7

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stuartivey

Apr 12

stuartivey says:

yamaha r1 2007 or gsxr 1000 k7

hi im after a 2007 sportsbike either the r1 or the k7 gsxr.

iv had a k7 gsxr750 isle of man tt and absolutely loved it, sold tht to buy a blackbird for touring now thts gone to buy a house lol.

im wondering which of these 2007 bikes is better on the road and more stable. iv read a few reviews the r1 is very vague on the front end which worries me specially with a massive tall first gear.

just wondering how much of the r1s power i could actually use on the road.

i know the gsxrs are very stable an have more midrange grunt so seem to be more usable but would love other ppls opinions maybe owners of the 2?

so i can make a clear decision

thanks again

stu

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 April 2012 18:07)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

the R1 of that era

was too tall for me to take on as road bike, and too dinky and arse in the air upstairs, so I shied away from even testing one and can't comment on how it rides

The GSX-R1000K7 is a road tool and a half, miles away from the 750 in character - quieter, less of a temptress, yet stupendously capable all round.  You may need to tweak it to get it how you want - plays safe out of the box.  The 2006/2007 Fireblade era was pretty darn good too, but for me the gixxer had it by a hair or two.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

R1 or GSXR

Its too hard a choice - buy them both!  :smile

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

if only

the garage and wallet were bigger, I'd take a Daytona 675 too (and a mounting block)...

Picking up on that tall first gear thing, the K7 has the longest legs in 1st that I've ever come across - redline = 104/105 mph indicated, 99.5 mph actual.  Enough grunt though to not need shorter gearing.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices