You are in... Forums > General > General > Ducati Special Issue

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

filterfan

Sep 11

filterfan says:

Ducati Special Issue

Sorry MCN- Nice bikes an all but today's Ducati special edition rendered it the quickest read and least interesting issue ever for me. 

:mellow:
Don't suppose there's a Kwak special in the pipeline?
:tongue:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 April 2012 16:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Ta

for the heads-up Filterfan...

I'll be giving it a miss this week!!  :wink:

Reply to this Topic
filterfan

Sep 11

filterfan says:

Ducati Special Issue

Yeah- it was a bit like that, wasn't it? Can't seem to pickup a bike mag lately without reading about the bloody Panigale. A bike so beyond the reach of the average biker that the sheer tidal wave of media coverage had me scratching my head. Not against folk drooling over fast, overpriced Italian metal but just...bored now!

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Hmmmm!!

I was going to buy a copy of MCN this week but when I saw it was just a ducati promotional brochure I put it back on the shelf.

MCN you're obviously mad keen on the panigale and will claim lots of others are interested in this 'pivotal'(????????) machine but maybe you're overselling the benefits of this bike.

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

stopped buying it

kevin ash gets on my tits :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

It's all relative isn't it.
I can't afford a Panigale, doesn't mean I don't want to read reviews, thoughts, tests and tech info and drool over it.
I only get MCN now when it holds a few items of interest for me, (I skim it in the newsagents, buy if theres anything interesting looking in there)
I can't recall the last one but I bought this one specifically after seeing the ad on MCN's front page!
If there was a Suzuki special, a Yamaha special or a Honda fireblade, (which there has been, in fact that may have been the point where I decided to stop buying it weekly), I wouldn't bother, if it had a Kawasaki sportsbike special, I probably would, especially if it had anything related to the late 80's range.
So a thanks from me, I can't get enough of the Panigale stuff at the moment, it's currently the closest i'll come to trying one.

I think lots of people ARE interested in this pivotal machine, to deny it's importance and forward thinking is just delusional, theres nothing saying it's definitely the way for sportsbike to go, (frameless), but you cannot deny it's fascinating in it's innovation and for a company that was bad mouthed for so long for electrical problems, they're also streets ahead of anyone (since the 1200 multistrada), in electronic control systems.

It's really one of those things, if you aren't interested or don't like them, fair enough, I find GSXR's boring, I know they're a great bike, it's pretty much the first thing that pops into your head when someone says sports bike, from the first air/oil cooled ones, they have a rock solid engine, have massive tuning potential and a huge following, but I find them completely, blahhh!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

The

last five bikes I`ve had have all been Ducatis. So yeh I`m a fan. Yes, there has been a lot of coverage of the Panigale but rightly so, given its inovations. MCN should give it all the press a ground-breaking bike like this deserves. 

Having said that I can understand why some think its OTT. 

More generally,there seems to be a lot of hostility towards Ducati at the moment. Rossi signed and they aren`t doing so well in MotGP so its an opportunity for some to stick the boot in. Shame. 
I never heard a bad word against Kawasaki or Suzuki when they quit, yet a small outfit like Ducati soldiers on and get slated all over the net. 

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Ducatis....

Suzukis, Hondas, Aprilias,Yamahas, BMWs, Kawasakis. KTMs, Triumphs, Moto Guzzis etc......... Love em all. :smile

What's not to like!..... they are all great bikes .....and you can have terrific fun on any of them :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
filterfan

Sep 11

filterfan says:

Ducati Special Issue

I agree M1ks- many people must be interested or the Editorial team of MCN wouldn't have gone all-out on 27 pages of Ducati related content. The difference is Ducati is a luxury marque and I simply don't count myself among the interested. (Funnily enough, I don't rate Audi either- :tongue:)

I do however, appreciate Ducati's unquestioned heritage and design but I wondered how many others felt the same general overkill and at least I'm not the only one. 

Top Gear used to review 'ordinary' cars you'd find in any showroom- then the focus shifted to £1m Lamborghini's and catapulting old bangers onto giant targets just for fun. Now my kids watch it more than I do. Just hoping MCN doesn't go the same way!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I agree with kam

"What's not to like" as i'm interested in all things with 2 wheels and an engine.

As for the Panigale, I await gunga's appraisal of said machine if it stays dry this saturday.:wink::biggrin:

Tis a gorgeous piece of kit mind.:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

Top gear is certainly a joke now, unless you take it for what it truly is.

It stopped being a televised 'motoring magazine' when Clarkson and his 'wit' took over and the likes of Tiff Needell, VBH, Chris Goffey and Tony (whatshisname, did rally reports?)
Called it a day.
It became and still is an 'entertainment spectacular' which has only a tenuous grip on cars as an excuse for it's existence.
Like you say, kids love it. They also like, total wipeout, i'm a celebrity hasbeen. big brother and x factor, hmmmmm.
I guess this is the reason Tiff and VBH defected and now present 5th gear on the other channel, that one is somewhere near where the 'proper' top gear used to be, they test new cars that the average family can afford and realistic second hand ones as well as the flash pretty ones everyone likes to look at but can't afford.
I can't see MCN heading that way, they've been on the go since forever and like it or not, their job is to report on the market and the machines, whatever they may be.
Don't forget, a few short years ago the only thing you saw plastered everywhere was the BMW S1000RR, specials and features and head to heads and tests and how far can you wheelie one while eating a ginsters pasty reports and the like.
Also remember the RC30, everyone drooled over them, no regular joe could afford one, that was pricey exotica in it's day and still got stacks of press.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices