You are in... Forums > General > General > Ducati Special Issue

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

filterfan

Sep 11

filterfan says:

Ducati Special Issue

Sorry MCN- Nice bikes an all but today's Ducati special edition rendered it the quickest read and least interesting issue ever for me. 

:mellow:
Don't suppose there's a Kwak special in the pipeline?
:tongue:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 April 2012 16:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MyFirstSuzuki

Apr 12

Ducati Special Issue

The arrival of the Panigale & the buyout of Ducati have been among the hottest topics of biking news for a while now, so what's the harm in devoting an issue of MCN to them? After all, it is motorcycle news! I wish I could afford a new Panigale, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon :upset: 

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

pre-unit...

gungerdin...might have to have a re-think,seeing as the new S1000rr beat the panigale,on track and on the road.I liked the comment in the paper where they said the panigale shook it's head and hopped around a bit on  fast corner exits and accelerating down straights on the track....but not a problem as you wouldn't be going so quick on the road....:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
spareman

Feb 04

spareman says:

Ducati Special Issue

It has been a long time since I last skipped an issue of Motorcycle News (Deliberate italics).
I walked into my local newsagents yesterday, took a look at MCNs' front page, had a quick leaf through it, put it down, turned around and walked out of the shop.
I'm sure that Ducatis, and specifically this Pan o' Garlic thing, are wonderful constructions, but who's idea was it to monopolise the whole paper with them? Is the editor a fourteen year old boy?
The motorcycling demographic has changed somewhat since the Ducati 916 first appeared. We (well, some of us) have matured; adventure bikes are the fastest growing  market sector now, aren't they?
Just two words MCN - Grow up!

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Spareman...

it wasn't long ago that they were getting slated for featuring the BMW GS thingies, week after week, either.They did at least do a comparison test with other road rockets too.:smile

Reply to this Topic
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

Special issue

You don't have to buy it but if this special issue has done one thing it's given the victor meldrew wannabes something to moan about....dry your eyes....:lol:

Reply to this Topic
spareman

Feb 04

spareman says:

Ducati worship

Point taken Oldish - I still won't buy it though :biggrin:

Meatbaws - I must draw your attention to the last two words of my previous post :lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MAGWITCH

Aug 10

MAGWITCH says:

BORING

I subscribe to MCN and I too am finding it increasingly difficult to find things of interest to read.

We went through a phase of "Rossi mania" where every weeks issue was taken up with the man himself, this week we have page after page  of Ducati.
Is MCN finding it difficult to fill the pages, do they now have to resort to this type of coverage?
If the current trend prevails as regards focusing on a particular bike/manufacturer, I may have to consider looking elsewhere for my "motorcycle fix", as I am becoming increasingly bored with this one at the moment.:mad:  

Reply to this Topic
pissedoff

Apr 03

pissedoff says:

Struggling for ideas

I'm not alone then. It has gone downhill fast. What happened to the journalists telling you things you hadn't read previously. We can read press releases on the internet. It was board racer inspired customs for a while, then cafe racer BMW sheds. I thought these custom builders were supposed to be creative. But if MCN thinks the TT600 is a future classic with stunning looks maybe it's me that is out of touch. Somebody on holiday in a swimming pool holding MCN though, that has to be worth £2 of anyones money. Brilliant. And the adverts on page 5 telling you what is on page 11 are just????

Reply to this Topic
pissedoff

Apr 03

pissedoff says:

And another thing

The second hand buying guide where they have the "expensive option", the "budget option" etc. and can't think of anything to say for one of the options so just insert the manufacturers name. Quality. Nearly as good as the "wheels - 2", "petrol tanks - 1" by numbers boxes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices