Skip to content

Discuss This Ian Watson Spring Cup blog Club racing

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Club racing > Ian Watson Spring Cup blog

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Ian Watson Spring Cup blog

Racing has its ups and downs, and the Ian Watson Spring Cup at Oliver’s Mount certainly had that! The weather was grim at times; hail stones, driving rain and temperatures struggling to get above freezing, which even caught out the experts like Ryan Farquhar. But then the sun came out. The track, as always, was a joy to ride – It...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 April 2012 17:21)

Post a message in Club racing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
marktt04

May 10

marktt04 says:

We feel your pain

This was my first time at olivers mount " spectating " im not silly ! After a 2 hr ride from lancashire along the painfully slow average speed camera strooned M62 i arrived on the saturday afternoon,slightly damp and looking forward to setting up camp for what was sure to be some great british road racing. I awoke on the saturday morning after a few very cold hours sleep in the tent to find 1 inch of hail stone around the exterior of the tent and the same freezing northerly wind trying to peel my face off. After a cup of soup and a bacon butty it was time to watch the qualifying,which in the conditions the lads had to face was scary from a spectators point of view.Hail stone,a snow flurry,rain and sun we had it all that morning.I was cold in my full winter bike gear so i pittied the lads racing in there race leathers and summer gloves " do these bikes come with heated grips" i asked myself. I know most of the top riders but was very curious to see how Adam faced the race and knowing he was to race the TT this year was keen to see him in action. I was impressed,for any man to climb on a bike and race round that course on that day In those conditions was an achievment but to see him dicing with other riders was a treat. I looked through MCN last week to see if a race report was there to see the full ins and outs of a race weekend from a new to road racing point of view,i am pleased it has arrived if not in the paper then online. Good luck with the road racing,im sure the bug has caught you now and i look forward to seeing you race at olivers mount again. Can these articles on your road racing exploits go into the paper based MCN i know a number of people are keen to read on your racing exploits,lets not disappoint them !

Reply to this Topic
bobgreen

Apr 04

bobgreen says:

Stick to the 600 at Oliver's Mount mate, many do - how did your lap times compare between the two bikes?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle