Skip to content

DUCATI Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals: At a glance 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals: At a glance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals: At a glance

It’s a sad fact for speed freaks that superbike sales have slipped in recent years, while things like naked and adventure bikes are on the up. So can one of the most exciting, talked-about motorcycles this year - the Ducati Panigale - reignite our passion for all things very fast? Ducati certainly hope so and have thrown the kitchen sink at the new flagship...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 April 2012 18:40)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

RSV torque ????

I never knew it was so high.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Real world relevance???

I'm sure all the bikes will be superb and a winner will be anounced but apart from pub bragging rights are the differences between them of relevance in the real world (ie on the road).

I can understand how the Ducati concept of minimal frame that doubles as the airbox can lead to a light sporty bike but outside of a track is the benefit noticeable??

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Lets face it, there's not a bad bike in the group. It's down to looks and price for me.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

spondonste

i dont know what pub you go to, but if someone was bragging like that down my local, he'd a look like a tool. Like others have said, no one is going to be able to use them and where near their potential, it just comes down to which floats your boat the most, if your into that thing i guess

Reply to this Topic
ergf

Feb 09

ergf says:

much of a muchness

for the average rider these bikes are a superb quality much of a muchness so its got to be what ticks your boxes.

For me the MV, Ducati and Aprillia are all to much money although they have design and flair and that exclusivity.

The Blade is the best value and should have build quality and reliability but the looks are questionable and does it have soul to make you grin.

The BMW looks good (IMO) a bit more money and you know its going to cost you to run it.

Thats leaves the Kwak available at £11999 new and should be reasonable to run and of course a great bike so my brain would say get the Kwak.

After all that if i had the money i would have the MV because its a decision of the heart not the head

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Blade looks?

Really? a kwak? its as ugly as sin, the new blade looks great. Although if money was no issue I'd grab the Aprilla :)

Reply to this Topic
mattiboy

Oct 05

mattiboy says:

Yep, as others have said, these days the 1 litre+ bikes are all so good that the marginal differences in the headline figures don't mean that much. Go with what makes you smile. Bike shopping last year, my head said get "japanese reliability", but my heart said "bugger that, get a temperamental european bike that looks weird and makes you grin". I'm happy with my decision cos i'm still grinning.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Yeah but...

... What did you get? please dont say a Bennelli or we may laugh at you :)

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

They are all pretty impressive. I'd go the Gixxer if I was in the market. I love it's back to basics feel.

I say you guys made a typo with the RSV, no way does it have 114 ft-lb torque cf. Panigale.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

They are all pretty impressive. I'd go the Gixxer if I was in the market. I love it's back to basics feel.

I say you guys made a typo with the RSV, no way does it have 114 ft-lb torque cf. Panigale.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices