Skip to content

DUCATI Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals: At a glance 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals: At a glance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals: At a glance

It’s a sad fact for speed freaks that superbike sales have slipped in recent years, while things like naked and adventure bikes are on the up. So can one of the most exciting, talked-about motorcycles this year - the Ducati Panigale - reignite our passion for all things very fast? Ducati certainly hope so and have thrown the kitchen sink at the new flagship...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 April 2012 18:40)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mgivogue

Aug 02

mgivogue says:

weight?

are all of the indicated weights real (measured) or claimed?

If claimed - are they all the same (dry/wet/curb)? Also, which???

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Aprilia Torque

MCN easy mistake to make, the Aprilia is 114Nm which equates to approx 84Ftlb. That aside great group test. I agree with alot of the other comments, these are all great bikes and few owners will ever subject them to what MCN do on tests. The review that was my personal choice in MCN this week was Adam Child on the Panigale at the IOM, TT course, to me this is more like the kind of roads I will be riding, if not that actual one. I have an RSV4 and the Panigale to me feels as light if not slightly lighter and more roomy, I can't fault my Aprilia. Also I hear there is a big recall looming on the 2012 BMW S1000RR ?

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Desmodromic

I didn't realise so many bikes were fitted with Desmodromic valves!!!!

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

ducati front

the first ducati panigale already shredded because it was losing the front.!! like the gp11 11.1 11.2 etc etc it has no front end feel. because you just cant push it to the limit, on the limit it has no feel and it will fail.!

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

@yzrm1

Seriously! I thought we were past this, if someone like Neeves has no issues with the bike then the average Joe like you and I definitely won't. Unless your planning on entering MotoGP and beating Stoner you'll have no issues. Oh and the shift button makes the letter you press a capital letter, put some effort in mongo.

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Sports for the Young

In my opinion the current crop of balls out sports bikes are fantastic if a little expensive, but thats the problem 80 to 90 per cent of bikers including myself could never take one of these bikes anywhere near to what it could do.

If thats so then the makers of them will in due course have to change direction which I believe is happening right now with the inrcreasing sales of adventure and naked bikes, as riders get older there reaction, riding postion and risk taking comes to the front of there minds. 

The economic situation is reducing the young riders getting into the biking scene so you are left with a shinking market which will cause bike shop to go broke, that is also happening right now.

My concern is MCN is pushing these bikes but who can afford them or have the skill to ride one, in due course you will only see these on race tracks, MCN will have to then look at the real biking world that other information outlets deal with.   Andy 

Reply to this Topic
fitzy2009

Jan 11

fitzy2009 says:

I have ridden the s1000rr and didn't like it i thought the fireblade was a much better road bike. S1000rr felt gutless till near the top end of the rev range then it took off. Id take the aprilia or the ducati,because they are different to the others as in one is a v4 the other a v twin. The panigale is motorcycling innovation as in making this type of frame work and also making this type of power out of a road going v twin! As for no front end feel? None of us are as good a rider as rossi or hayden, so we will never get this bike to even 90% of what it can do on the road or track. If you can than you should be in superbikes or motogp. So we will never complain about lack of front end feel at 100%. Too many people kid themselves into thinking they are better than what they are acting like rossi on the road.

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

BMW S1000rr

Took an s1000rr on a test ride on tuesday from my local motorrad and i must say i can see what the hype is all about, fitzy2009 you must have ridden the old one but the 2012 one is a completely different animal. the low down power (one of the changes) is ballistic, proper superbike power. as the test has said it is pulling quarter of a second just on power down straights over the rest. I know where my money would go (germany)

Reply to this Topic
fitzy2009

Jan 11

fitzy2009 says:

It was a 2011 s1000rr sorry for not adding that. But it was also a 2011 cbr1000rr.

Reply to this Topic
gwroberts

Jan 12

gwroberts says:

Desmo

Since when did the BMW and Honda use desmodromics?!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices