Skip to content

DUCATI Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals: At a glance 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals: At a glance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals: At a glance

It’s a sad fact for speed freaks that superbike sales have slipped in recent years, while things like naked and adventure bikes are on the up. So can one of the most exciting, talked-about motorcycles this year - the Ducati Panigale - reignite our passion for all things very fast? Ducati certainly hope so and have thrown the kitchen sink at the new flagship...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 April 2012 18:40)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Don't Generalise

A 600 is all you need, I think not. Don't get me wrong many 600's are brilliant tools but come on "all you need". Next week I am touring Europe and the Italian Lakes full luggage and about 2000miles in total, guess what, not on a 600. I do about 12,000 miles a year on my bikes, about 4,000 on Track Days Aprilia RSV4F APRC and the remainder touring or just riding for the love of it,

I love bikes. To say sports bikes are a waste of time is complete rubish, what ever makes you feel happy in this life we are living has got to be worth it.. I have never knocked anyone who rides any bike, mopeds, scooters, cruisers, sportsbikes etc, etc so long as a person is enjoying themselves on what ever they ride, what does it matter, at least they are living their life and not just existing. As for matching Leathers, can't believe anyone would knock the waring of full Leathers, the safest I ever feel on a bike is with full Leathers and a Back Protector.

Come on guys stop knocking other bikers we all love two wheels rather than four.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

why not

sports bike are fun to ride, if you like to ride a different bike than a sport`s bike thats your choice at the end of the day so some of you here don`t like speed going by your comments.why not have matching leathers and helmet,yes alot of people can`t ride the bike to full potential so what, it`s fun trying and that`s what biking is all about isn`t it?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Problem is...

Problem with almost all sport bikes 600cc and larger is that you cannot even get into the power-band in second gear on public roads without being in lose your license territory. There needs to be something between the 250cc bikes (which are marginal for highway use) and the super-sports. If Kawasaki brings back the Ninja 500 with fuel injection, I would be tempted to trade my CBR600F4i for one. Or maybe I will get a Moto Guzzi V7.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

muddy686

" I dont need the power, inefficiency, weight"................

RSV4 :- 179 KG     Versys :- 181 KG

RSV4 :- 180 BHP     Versys :- 60  BHP

Powerful?, defo, Inefficient?, not really, Heavy???? Come on!.

Reply to this Topic
fitzy2009

Jan 11

fitzy2009 says:

I have a sports bike myself a honda sp1! Its not sportsbikes i am critical of. Its manufacturers forgetting where most will ride these bike and the blandness of some of these bikes. I rode an rc8 and loved it i also rode 848 and loved it. I am not knocking people for buying sportbikes. I also want to see more bikers on the road and the price of some of these bikes are pricing new bikers out of the market, because they are spending so much money in r&d making these bikes and that is passed on to the customer. I think honda and suzuki got it right with the way they make there power. But both the fireblade and gsxr1000 are too expensive for what they are.

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

busaman

I couldn't agree more with what you said SO WHAT if you cant use a sportsbike to its full potential above all a sportsbike is just magical to ride , great fun , superb handling its like being in contrl of your own rollercoaster ride , well it is to me anyway. I have had upright bikes, nakeds ..etc although as good as they are sportsbike rule for me. Bikes are inherently exciting maybe they should bring in smaller adveture bikes for shorties like me

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Twobike

Couldn't have said it better myself, well done mr twobike. 2 weeks ago me and a couple of mates went to tyndrum on the west coast of Scotland for ducati's road trip where they had all there bikes (except panigale) for testing, I took out an 848 street fighter and mates took out super motards and the street fighter was a big let down. Comming off an s1000 it felt like a cb500 to ride (that's no joke) no power, no involvement, the brakes are shit and it was terrible handling. (scary pointing it but it dosnt want to go) What I feel modern sports bike give is safety as it also mentioned in this test. The BMW and Honda especialy. Point them and they will go, hit the brakes and they still hold a line, hit a grain of rice and ur not in to the nearest bush. And being a power junkie I like the adrenalin sports bikes give with the raw power on tap, I need a bigger helmet to fit in my grin!!! :-))

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I'm with mattiboy and got the RC8 cause it looks bonkers............. it also just happens to be a damn good sportsbike for the road.

I can't ride it for toffee but who the hell cares, it looks the bomb and goes boom.

If you can't put up with Italian reliability/dealer issues and want to buy somthing a little diffrent (without going bespoke or building it yourself) with quality components and build quality, then you can't go wrong.

It is impractical, too fast, too loud, stupid range of a 100 miles between fuel stops (or opportunities for others to look at it) but isn't that what got you interested in bike in the first place??  not that 45 minute commute everyday in your wet kit, that isn't fun thats just to get you to work and back and certainly not what I would call biking.

For all you 'serious bikers' as soon as you put serious in to somthing, you might as well be your dad!!

Chris (the stupid biker)

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Chriswren

Chris your comment was to the point mate, 10 out of 10 bud. All our fellow mcn readers will be in a library somewhere reading "around the world in 80 litres of fuel" or maybe its " a dummy's guide to having fun"

Reply to this Topic
mattiboy

Oct 05

mattiboy says:

Chris - yeah, I think KTM have given it such a bad range in an effort to get people talking again. Every time I stop I get people strolling over and chatting. Got to be the most social bike i've owned.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle