Skip to content

Ask an Expert What required to take? Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > What required to take?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Jul 05

Posts: 20

educatio says:

What required to take?

I'm off for 2 weeks touring Germany but need to know the requirements to ride i.e. Hi-viz, spare bulbs, Does anyone know? 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 April 2012 12:34)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Mar 09

Posts: 233

torryboy says:


make sure you have informed your insurance company also have a e111 health insurance card and some form of breakdown cover if your insurance dosent cover you.if you go to the aa web page there,s advice there on traveling in europe bud.doug

Reply to this Topic


Jun 09

Posts: 13

scampisv says:


HI Mate, we always take a spare bulb kit,first aid kit, and this year a hi viz which you'll find is law if you breakdown on any motorways(although not law yet for normal riding),take ALL your bike docs and your licence green part because if you get pulled you'll need them,were going down through germany on june 22nd if that's any good to you,CHEERS.

Reply to this Topic


Apr 12

Posts: 8

skoota1 says:


yeh you have to pack the high vis, but you dont need to wear it, the moment!....

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices