You are in... Forums > General > General > petrol station helmet removal

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gixxer750k3

Jun 08

gixxer750k3 says:

petrol station helmet removal

Yet again asked to remove my lid filling up at Morrisons this time.:wacko: Previously it was Esso. If I was going to run off or rob the place would I be stood holding my debit card as I was?
Refuse and they get arsy, and they don't like being told that if I were a muslim woman would they be asking the same thing?? Another example of prejudice and good old fascist Britain

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 April 2012 15:53)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Helmets

I was asked over the tannoy at a filling station a few weeks ago to remove it , the first request in 54 years of riding . Now I usually take it off , it`s easier with my open face .I was riding the X7 a few weeks ago with the full face which is a tight fit and signalled to the cashier whether she wanted it removed , she signalled back it`s not necessary . It does vary , I haven`t worn a Burka yet to test them out !

Reply to this Topic
DuNkZz1993

Aug 11

DuNkZz1993 says:

Morrisons

I have heard of many reports where morrisons fueling station across the country have asked people to remove there lids, and it has happened to me.

The worst thing is the fact that they ask you to take it off and they arnt even sure why we are supposed to take it off.

so far the following excuses have been made by employee's who work at morrisions when I have questioned them;

- "You might be a robber"

- "Your helmet can fill with petrol fumes and this could be dangerous"

Both of these dont make sence as people are aloud to re-fuel cars with passengers sat in the vehicle, and like gixxer said would you be holiding you debit card if you were going to rob the petrol station? and more to the point lets be serious if you were going to rob somewhere it wouldnt be a petrol station as 90% of people pay on card when fueling and everything in the kiosks are sh*t

My simple solution is no longer fill up at morrisons

Reply to this Topic
smileychief

Aug 02

smileychief says:

Bloody hell!

Not this old chestnut!

FFS!

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I take mine off

most of the time anyway - it only takes 2 minutes. I have occasionally left an open-face one on, but thats in a filling station I use regularly and they recognise me and/or the bike.

Reply to this Topic
slider72

Mar 05

slider72 says:

helmets

depends, how i feel, somtimes i take it off other time its left on. sainsburys in shrewsbury is the only one i have come across that have told me to remove it. lol was funny though as i had moulded ear plugs in & could not hear much & i could see the cashier making hand motions. in the end she came out to me to tell me.

anyone fancy trying it with a burka  after you've been refused with a lid??

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Helmet removal

This subject has been done to death on various forums.  Bottom line guys; you ain't gonna change the situation so if you don't like it then vote with your feet and buy your fuel elsewhere. 

Simples :smile 

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

+1

:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

NOT AGAIN!

FFS!

Reply to this Topic
DuNkZz1993

Aug 11

DuNkZz1993 says:

MarcusMarsh posted

Helmet removal

This subject has been done to death on various forums.  Bottom line guys; you ain't gonna change the situation so if you don't like it then vote with your feet and buy your fuel elsewhere. 

Simples :smile 

2 people like this

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Helmet removal.

"-buy your fuel elsewhere."

Not a big problem in itself, but you know that eventually they'll all be making these demands and you'll have no choice.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices