You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Rockoil XRP

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Rockoil XRP

A while back I won some Rockoil goodies including a 4 litres of XRP.  I'm going to do an oil-change on both the VFR800 and FZS1000 and can't decide whether to use it or not.  The XRP is fully-synthetic and I usually use semi-synth in my bikes as I have heard that fully-synth can cause clutch-slip.

Any opinions guys?   

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 April 2012 21:24)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

XRP

X-treme racing products,if it`s good enough for the fast guys bikes (they don`t want clutch slip) it`s good enough for yours.Should last a year or two.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

XRP

Cheers Jaff, I think I'll stick it in the VFR. 

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

the good thing

about fully synth bike oil is it takes longer to break down under repetative heat cycles than semi or multigrade oils but it is no good to run a fresh engine in on...rock oil quality gear by the way mate

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

Rockoil XRP

Marcus, Expect slightly smoother gearchanges and better MPG!......Update us after putting in your VFR.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

XRP

I'll let you guys know how I get on.  I have just ordered oil filters for both bikes so each machine can start the summer with fresh oil & filter. 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Rockoil XRP

steven.hood has reminded me that I said I would update this thread and I have neglected to do so.  

In the end I put the XRP in my Fazer 1000 - and the bike does feel different!  The gearchange, which was OK anyway, is a little smoother as is the engine generally.  It feels a little more eager to rev.  The oil is actually 10W30 instead of the more usual 10W40 grade but is within the recommended spec.  So all in all - good stuff. 

Usually, like most of us, I can't tell the difference between one oil and another when in the bike but in this case the machine definitely feels better.  In fact the difference is noticeable enough that I have actually picked up another 4L  (Which I paid for this time!) to stick in the VFR.        

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices