Skip to content

Discuss This School tells 17-year-old: Stop riding in or we’ll expel you General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > School tells 17-year-old: Stop riding in or we’ll expel you

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

School tells 17-year-old: Stop riding in or we’ll expel you

A school has threatened to expel a 17-year-old if he carries on travelling in by motorcycle. Jack Deeley has twice been sent home from school for arriving on his Aprilia RS125. The Windsor High School and Sixth Form College says students are not allowed to travel by ‘motorised vehicle of any kind’ but Jack says other students park cars outside...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 April 2012 10:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

If this is a private school

they can do what they like with admissions. If its a State school, they don't have a prayer of exclusion for something so trivial - state schools can't get rid of kids who burn down school buildings, reckon the council will allow an exclusion for transport - pmsl.

Inconsistent rule enforcement - cars banned but tollerated, motorcycle banned and not tollerated may well cause embarassment the governors will seek to redress.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

I can feel...

'A bike demo at this school'

I wonder what thet would think to lots of bikes turning up

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

I honestly thought this was a joke, no wonder young bikers are super rare. Why would their travelling have anything to do with the school in any way? Thats beyond crazy, I cannot believe this is real. This schools head needs a fucking clue quickly. Just insane and these people are educating the future, theres no hope.

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Bike demo?

YES! I'm in.

Reply to this Topic
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

Bloody Ridiculous!

Why would a school employ a policy such as that anyway?
But to only enforce it on this one lad is surely discrimination when fellow students are doing exactly the same but in cars. Part of the school's reasoning for this rule is to keep traffic low, one bike does not increase traffic! What could increase traffic is the many other students using cars who are not being threatened with expulsion.

And as for saying it would be wrong to make an exception for the rules only victim...that's the icing on the shitty cake isn't it...

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Arrogance of teachers

how dare they impose their prejuice against a  motorcyclist ! i find dealing with teachers  very irraiting they think they know everything yet very often lack common sense .For once lets use the human rights act in our favor .

Reply to this Topic
nordicbiker

Oct 09

nordicbiker says:

Simple question: are schools in GB legally responsible for transporting their pupils from home to the school campus? If not, than the school has no legal right to expell the pupil. He might be ordered to park his vehicle outside of the school campus on a public parking however and not be allowed to drive on school poperty.

"Any means of motorized trafic". If this is the exact wording, than the school also excludes all kinds of public transport (e.g. busses), the only things left would be walking or cycling. And again: i doubt that the School has any right to order it's pupils how they take themselfs to the campus!

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Riding to School

The school's rule certainly seems unfair and difficult to justify and I think it should be challenged.  However, until someone has successfully managed to change it, it should be observed.  If you wish to retain the moral high-ground you cannot join an instution and then decide which of its rules you will adhere to based on whether you like them or not or if they prove to be inconvenient.  And, in my opinion, observing it means exactly that - observing the rule as it is stated - that means no going to school by bus, car, motorcycle or ANY motorised transport.

Under those circumstances I think the rule would last about five minutes.         

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
megawilhelm

Jan 12

megawilhelm says:

Keep riding

Keep riding to school, once they exclude you, dispute it. The head teacher will have to sit in a meeting with the council where he/she will get ripped to pieces. Their actions will get reversed and you will be able to park your bike wherever the hell you like without consequence.

Seriously, riding your hobby to work/school and back every day makes it much more enjoyable, gives you a reason to get up and gives you something to look forward to during your dull lessons.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

You could always email ksorrell@windsor.dudley.gov.uk (publicly available email address) with your opinions... the "safe as possible for all our students without creating additional traffic" line is particularly inapplicable to a motorcylist considering the number of massive 4wd's dropping their darlings off (unless they really do ban all forms of motorised transport)...  but remember that this lad probably wants to finish his year at this school so in this instance it may be best to leave it & revisit after he's left in a couple of months.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices