Skip to content

Discuss This School tells 17-year-old: Stop riding in or we’ll expel you General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > School tells 17-year-old: Stop riding in or we’ll expel you

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

School tells 17-year-old: Stop riding in or we’ll expel you

A school has threatened to expel a 17-year-old if he carries on travelling in by motorcycle. Jack Deeley has twice been sent home from school for arriving on his Aprilia RS125. The Windsor High School and Sixth Form College says students are not allowed to travel by ‘motorised vehicle of any kind’ but Jack says other students park cars outside...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 April 2012 10:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
blutonium92

Apr 12

blutonium92 says:

First hand confirmation of this

I myself had the privilege of attending this poor excuse of a school until i was 16 (Now 20). Four years ago i had the exact same encouter, i had a Aprilia RS 50 at the time and was told i wasnt allowed to ride it to school. Thus i ended up parking the bike round the corner behind a business opposite the local butty shop. On another note, though this school seems to have a good reputation and scores above the national average i can say from personal experiance from my length of education from years 7 to 11 at this establishment i was always dissapointed with the majority of staff and the poor level of teaching.

Reply to this Topic
titotito

Sep 09

titotito says:

Teachers??

Teachers ~

If you can do................DO.

If you can't do...............Teach.

And If you can't teach..............Teach Teachers.

My comments do not apply to all teachers, some are excellent.

But for the most part they are Numptys,

who think they know everything.

From school to uni then back to school, with no life experience.

And if you need proof, just have a look at the kids around you today,

Out of all the professions teachers are the most stupid and nieve.

( men more so than females)

So head teacher Keith Sorrell has no comments about kids being dropped off

some probably in Chelsea tractors and I wonder how he and his staff arrive at school.

The man is an idiot.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

You have to start learning sometime that any state run organisation and the authorities are a bunch of small minded, unaccountable morons. Learn from your experience on this point Jack, because it only gets worse when dealing with the authorities on any issue. At least you got a nice bike !

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

Jack........

Can you get your hands on a horse?

Reply to this Topic
stobes

Oct 03

stobes says:

School to stop rider

This is outrageous.....Yet again another piece of discrimination.  Surely the school have no such powers.  It makes my blood boil when such injustices occur.  The school stated that "students are not allowed to travel on any motorised transport of any kind".....therefore they will prob. need to expel a good proportion of their pupils judging by the number dropped off by parents.....

If I was a parent of any student who had this ruling, then I would make a formal complaint against the school to the Information Commissioner -  Infomation Commissioners office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.  This is wrong on every level.

Email the Headmasters office : lgaskell@windsor.dudley.gov.uk to raise any complaint in the first instance.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I was under the impression that the majority of schools are anti - bullying, yet that is exactly what they are doing to this young man ! I live near 2 grammar schools, where the parents disgorge their precious cargo from 4 x 4's, people carriers etc. and cause traffic chaos in the process. I see pupils from both driving to school daily, who park a short distance away, who are dismal in their attitude to other road users. The only ones I see who display any form of road awareness or courtesy are - THE ONES WHO RIDE THERE!

The head of this school needs to drag his sorry arse into the 21st century; he also needs to formally write an apology to Jack for his shabby treatment and the threats he has suffered. Mr. Sorrell - you are an onanist of the highest order. Look it up teach, that's all you're fit for.

Reply to this Topic
JKF011

Oct 11

JKF011 says:

Tyranny of the Geeks

Once again an example of what I have coined: "The Tyranny of the Geeks" - that is, government agencies, schools, licence bureaus, etc. are run by the adult versions of the over-achieving, introverted, gourmless kids that got beat up in school. This is their revenge! ARSEHOLES!

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

And I bet

That if an asian pupil arrived on a ped wearing a turban nothing would be said , oh and if a MUSLIM arrived on a bike the fucking red carpet would be laid for him ( not her as they are chauvanistic gits )

Reply to this Topic
formotorbikes

Jan 11

Get a car and a trailer, stick the bike on the back of the trailer, drive to school in the car and test their prejudice. Don't give in son. Matt http://formotorbikes.com

Reply to this Topic
peteinengland

Apr 12

stupid

emailed my objection to the head lgaskell@windsor.dudley.gov.uk lets all do the same and stick up for the kid

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices