Skip to content

Discuss This School tells 17-year-old: Stop riding in or we’ll expel you General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > School tells 17-year-old: Stop riding in or we’ll expel you

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

School tells 17-year-old: Stop riding in or we’ll expel you

A school has threatened to expel a 17-year-old if he carries on travelling in by motorcycle. Jack Deeley has twice been sent home from school for arriving on his Aprilia RS125. The Windsor High School and Sixth Form College says students are not allowed to travel by ‘motorised vehicle of any kind’ but Jack says other students park cars outside...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 April 2012 10:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
peteinengland

Apr 12

bike demo?

Im in!!!

Reply to this Topic
peteinengland

Apr 12

can anyone find Jack on facebook so we can give him our support? or his email maybe?

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Posted on behalf of Bart

So pupils can be dropped off by mom and dad or bus, but cannot "drive" or "ride" to school, old enough to have kids, but not old enough to make a responsible choice about personal transport?!

These idiots in charge need to stop f***ing with people own time! When did kids walking to school and crossing main roads EVER be considered safe?

Reply to this Topic
doctortongue

Jan 09

doctortongue says:

the 'head' of this school could have stirred up a hornet's nest by only picking on a biker and leaving the car drivers alone - his parents should go on to some solicitors websites and use the words civil/human rights abuse..then watch the blood sucking f..kers come out to take up the case..surely the school can't touch him outside of school time ?..the petrol station owner who let him/herself be dictated to by a teacher should have told that teacher to get the f..k  off their property and mind their own business

Reply to this Topic
stobes

Oct 03

stobes says:

Threats to expel Student

Everyone who has commented, you should email lgaskell (the Heads P.A) and express how you feel......keep it clean and professional, in order to reinforce the point that he is so wrong by applying this discriminatory policy..............Anyone from MAG/BMF/MCN prepared to comment or better still email the school....bombard them with emails and they'll regret they ever implemented the policy....don't let them get away with it.......Demo ride, hell yes.............!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Unless..

there's some legal, health and safety issue that the school has, with regard pupil's travel to and from school, they're blowing smoke where there's no fire. Last I heard, that's the parent's legal responsibility.

Like many others, suggestion a few choice words in written format, like "Citizens Advice Bureau", and "we'll be contacting our solicitor", should have the school back-peddling with a grovelling apology.

Think a certain head-teacher needs to go a re-read their handbook again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_(academia)#Reasons_for_expulsion_from_UK_schools

Also, a bit of light reading for Jack -> http://www.hardwicke.co.uk/articles/expulsions-independent-schools-and-the-law/

Reply to this Topic
ksibley

Aug 03

ksibley says:

My son's going to this school in Sept

I have a concern with this because my son is supposed to be starting at this 6th Form in Sept. He currently commutes to school on his moped. Travelling to / from the new school by public transport (2 buses) is going to drastically extend his day and he's going to be paying twice (buses & bike costs). Whilst I accept that they have the final say on what happens on their property, I'm pretty sure they don't have any right to dictate how anyone gets from A to B if B is a public car park. Time to get some legal advice I think!  Anyone from White - Doulton reading this thread?

Reply to this Topic
vbomber

May 12

vbomber says:

Bp garage

One thing missed out on this story is that the student had been given permission to park his bike on the BP forecourt opposite the school by the manager. Mr Sorrell (headteacher) still didn't want the student to park his bike there. My 2 sons go to this school and I am a biker, so I am not very happy about this story. P.S. Wonder if he went to school in a Jaguar XKR8 or 7 series BMW like Sorrell would he be allowed?

Reply to this Topic
certificate18

Sep 07

Email the head

I have emailed the headteacher Keith Sorrell via the address below.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

ksibley

He technically can't take the bus - it's motorised transport!

If you're well off, I'd strongly recommend a harrier jump jet. Parking it on the headteacher's car would be even sweeter.

Okay so I'm being silly. If he's planning on doing that then he's going to have to park somewhere else and leave his hat in the scooter. If he doesn't wear protective trousers then wearing a bike jacket isn't going to arouse too much attention as it'll go in a bag.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices