Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa set the fastest time during a wet free practice 2 at Jerez today. Ducati rider Valentino Rossi was the early pace setter, with a best time of 1'51.440, but was unable to hold off Spaniard Pedrosa in the later stages of the session. Winner of last year's wet Jerez race Jorge Lorenzo set the third fastest time...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 April 2012 14:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Second coming

Of his top ten performances since arriving at Ducati this surely has to run his Le Mans podium very close. It's hard to believe he's achieved all that in just 18 months. I think this must be a sure fire sign that the comeback is in full swing, and will be televised. Word is Snoop Dogg is replacing Toby Moody too ;)

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Predictions...

So who is sticking with their predictions after FP2 and who's having second thoughts?

Also, predictions please for the round that the Stoner/Lorenzo bromance comes to a crushing end this year??

And finally, Predictions for the lap that Rossi takes Stoner out on Sunday??

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I'm sticking with my prediction Moaner

Pedrosa, Rossi, Lorenzo with Rossi taking the win on sunday by 33 seconds and revealing it actually only took 66 seconds to fix their problems and they've "been pretending" all along.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

The tyre rules are idiotic aren't they? Why no intermediates? But the limit of four sets of wets seems particularly stupid. On a typical British (or Spanish if Jerez's recent history is anything to go by) summer weekend four sets of wets clearly aren't enough. OTOH each rider will have twenty slicks that they won't get to use. Wouldn't it make more sense if rider's could change their allocation if conditions were difficult? So start the weekend with no wets and twenty slicks. Then allow riders to swap an unused pair of slicks for a pair of wets at the start of each session if necessary. After all four pairs of wets to last six sessions makes no sense.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

FFS people, it's a single practice session. We're not even sure who was trying to put in a fast lap and who was just playing with their settings or whatever. And you can't trust riders to tell the truth about things like that as they are always trying to psych each other out. You can't learn much from the outcome of a single practice session. You certainly can't predict the outcome of the race based on that alone. Just like you can't predict the outcome of a complete season from the winter tests, but there were plenty of people on here who thought they could.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

faster1

I don't understand the relevance of your comment ref Pirro being 2 seconds quicker in the first session than Rossi in the 2nd session , meaning Pedrosa was 1.4 slower than Pirro too.

If you are looking at like for like how about the fact that Pirro was 4.5 seconds slower in the SAME 2nd session !! Good grief man, get a grip ffs !!

Journos @ twoweheeled blog and Crash may be inept in your opinion but you hardly cover yourself in glory fella. 

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Return of the messiah!!!

See, I told you you were all wrong and Vale would be back to claim his throne. If the season ended right now he'd be champion because Pedrosa obviously has an advantage from his nautical experience and is thus a cheat. 

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Last year was great!

One of the best races of the year I thought just because you didn't know what would happen next. Rossi partly ruined it with his fairly well documented over ambitious move depriving us of a battle up front between the fast boys. Cal disappointed and Spies blew it big time.... but I still loved it.

With reference to todays practice think back to when Pedrosa was viciously slated as a 125 and 250 rider for not performing in the wet which was a accurate at the time, he just wasn't fast in the wet. He gets on the monster bikes and no problem really. WTF??? I still am stunned the little man can ride one of those beasts in the dry the way he does. I just don't know how he does it. He was supposed to be too small and weak to use the brakes properly on the 800's too. ??? Good on him and BTW.... RAIN RAIN RAIN!

I have had experience at Jerez and some parts are slippery even in the dry. So bring on the showers and watch the story unfold...... a thriller for sure.

Go Go Pasini! :lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

"He's not the messiah, now fuck off"

Sorry, had to say it.......

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

on hes not the messiah -he is the fucking doctor:) a bit of rain and the goat is back where he belongs now who said he cant ride a bike anymore lol get in there !!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices