Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa set the fastest time during a wet free practice 2 at Jerez today. Ducati rider Valentino Rossi was the early pace setter, with a best time of 1'51.440, but was unable to hold off Spaniard Pedrosa in the later stages of the session. Winner of last year's wet Jerez race Jorge Lorenzo set the third fastest time...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 April 2012 14:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Predictions I'll see for myself what happens on Sunday a Yamaha 1-2 would be perfect make up for last year.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

yamaha1-2

would be nice see crutchlow finish 2nd.....and spies 1- 2th

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

TV coverage hold back

Tried to watch practice on Eurosport they had snooker on or some shit so waited till 10pm when it was on only to be dissapointed as they had changed the schedule (otherwise known as the lucky dip). There was no chance of watching it on BBC even on the red button, its a pain in the arse and sick of missing my favourite sport. I'm just gonna start buying the pissing DVD for xmas and watch it then cheaper than the TV licence and SKY subs.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

race meetings

i went to a wsb race at donington once......i love bikes......bu i`ve never been so bored in my life...or deafened......standing there at the same corner.....load of shite and waste of money,pass me the chair and remote control

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

it`s only practice

who with a brain  is gonna stick their neck out in practice to get at the top of the timesheets

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Poor Stoenzo wants

the rules to be changed for flag to flag races (was he not the one that said stop changing the rules lately). He wants a rider to come in wet weather and make whatever tire changes he deems necessary. Remember he is the one that has made bad decisions for his tire choices, so his rantings about the rule to change would benefit him.

My take on this is you cannot allow a fast rider to go out and eat up his tire while getting ahead of others, whereas other riders who decided it's best to ride a bit slower to not crash and to save their tires to last the end of the race. Then allow that fast rider to come in and make change for same tires.

If you allow a rider to gain the lead by usiging his tires and then have him come in to change for the same tires, then that is unfair. The 60Mph slow down in pit lane can be made up easily as its not that much time. remember the others are riding around slowly because of the wet conditions.

Tire management and other factors must be part of a riders mentalitity to be a winner. Not to make rules to benefit only themselves.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Milkybars

Umm, is not the rule flag-to flag as it stands? The mooted change to a single bike per rider is what is going to eliminate the flag to flag rule.

Stoner has a great record in the rain in the premier class, btw, when not taken out by errant Italian missiles/torpedoes.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I know it must be hard Wosi

to define your arse from your elbow with your head stuck so far up your own rectal passage. Come and talk to me about racing in the wet when you've done so. I have, and I've won in such conditions. Your moped trip in the drizzle to the corner store for the News of the World and a pack of fags counts for jack shit.

As for my stance on rain being a great leveller being tosh, you will find I've been consistent on this point each time a moron like you mentions such - regardless of the position of your fallen sun god.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

comments

ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I've raced in the wet

at Brands, Cadwell, Lydden, Mallory, Snetterton, Donington to name a few, and I can tell you, in my personal experience that rain levels the playing field in terms of machinery, allowing rider ability to shine through. However, its only practice and no conclusions need be drawn at this time.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices