Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa set the fastest time during a wet free practice 2 at Jerez today. Ducati rider Valentino Rossi was the early pace setter, with a best time of 1'51.440, but was unable to hold off Spaniard Pedrosa in the later stages of the session. Winner of last year's wet Jerez race Jorge Lorenzo set the third fastest time...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 April 2012 14:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Unbelievable !!!

Thanks to a Lottery instead of a first day’s proper Practice & everyone goes loopy & takes leave of their senses. Milkybars displays his deep misunderstanding & ignorance of MotoGP once again – camouflaged as his usual boring & totally uncalled for anti-Stoner rant. Haven’t you got anything else? It’s embarrassing to see this month after month. Here’s the problem, big brain...

This is the current Rule: If a rider comes in to change bikes in a Race that has been declared as a Flag-To-Flag one – he is NOT ALLOWED to go back out on the SAME TYPE OF TYRE as he came in on. Got it?

This means in the scenario where changeable conditions meant everyone went out at the Start on “Wets” – & the track then dried enough for a dry line to appear & for those Wets to start tearing-up & destroying themselves - & then it started to rain again – any rider coming in HAS TO GO BACK OUT ON SLICKS – he is NOT allowed to change bikes onto one shod with Wets again. That’s a potential season-ending or even suicide mission, agreed? Fucking clever, isn’t it? That’s what happens when people focused on finance, profit & loss & the “bottom line” get into decision-making positions of power – & not being focused on what’s best for the Rider’s safety & the good of the sport. Remember too – since the single “Spec Tyres” came in – there are no more “Intermediates”. This lack of “flexibility” is patently unsafe & stupid beyond belief ...

Too many people watch TV but fail to acquaint themselves with the Rules and/or changes to same. Milkybars & his ilk are so very obviously in this category. Also, it is very apparent that EVERYONE is unhappy with the “new” Bridgestone wets & this isn’t confined to Stoner either.

Casey Stoner is once again calling people out (that should know better, but seemingly don’t have a clue) and to account & pointing out how very ludicrous & crazily unsafe this Rule is as it stands. In this respect, he has the personal guts & total honesty (as usual) to put his hand up & risk the ire of the “Establishment & Dorna” in speaking for EVERYONE – not just for himself. When are some of you ever going to grow-up? Cheers

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WOW,THIS FIELD IS BUMPY !

Now some rider`s are great in the wet           Some are great in the dry         And a few are great in the wet and dry.    when people refer to rain / level playing field,what they are really saying,{ wether they know it or not },is that the bike`s with less power i.e. Randy,can now compete on a more equal footing. Mind you if your great in the wet and you`ve got more power,you will win,end of.       After free P 3,my money is on Stoner,even on used tyre`s he was doing the same time`s as VR,AD and SB did on their fastest lap`s....... Different league !      

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

well

Me been an ex world, european and british champion....guff guff...

To be honest whatever we say about the wet conditions....to me it just spoils the racing....its all to tentative for me..

I would rather it be dry and see very fast racing and the best rider win....(Well anyone but Moaner)

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

I AGREE WITH THEE,

Racing in the dry is much better,but you`ve gotta throw a couple of soggy one`s in the mix,{ as long as I ain`t in the crowd watching },to let the cream rise to the top.And riding, sorry racing,in the wet is great fun.as long as your tyre`s can go the distance,and you don`t get knocked off.                       Anyway,whatever happen`s,happen`s !   I think someone had a "Sepang 1" moment yesterday,they should learn to keep it shut.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Thumbs up

Supermario - Good post my little gaming icon. Nothing can be drawn from this rubbish session. I still cannot figure out how people (I am assuming they are all human) can spend all night making predictions and arguing about how things will go on Sunday. What a waste of time? ____ The only thing that has any relevance was the first run times when it really was wet. Rossi .4 quicker than Lorenzo then Pedrosa and (a probably didn't really give a toss) Stoner. So What? ____ Aquarius - Good post but you don't have to be embarrassed by "other" peoples posts. I would also give up on them growing up as they are grown up, herein lies the problem. Problem is their churlishness can have a magnetic effect. Sad to see our once sensible friend Nostro slip into the abyss about a year ago. Wosi is a wind up merchant having fun.... let it go. _____ paulderekjohnson has the best post of the morning and the one I was originally going to go for so I will use it to finish. _____ Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Little room for sensible comments on MCN Willie

Yes I'm guilty of being dragged down to the lowest common denominator - Wosi, there's little room for anything else. The only cards they have to play now days are the baseless Stoner abuse ones (not that they've ever not played that card, it's just that their Joker card has turned into a pretty valueless 8 or 9 of spades), ah well that's just the way it has to be on here.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Lorenzo on Pole

Well there you go. It's all over, and looking at the forecast QP will be completely irrelevant to tomorrow's race.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Qualifying over

Is it still the D16 that's at fault little Oompah Loopah's? 3.4 seconds behind pole on a dry track?! 2.4 seconds behind Hayden?!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

How Frikken good was that!

Ace qualifying session! nostro your right its a fu**in joke! It looks ducati are heading in the right direction but what a ridiculous performance by rossi! I am a fan but you know what I dont want to hear it any more im fed up with its the bike its this its that... its fu**in you! either cut your losses or be prepared to ride around the issues! Anyway fantastic performance hayden fair play and fantastic performance by the top 6 i really thought stoner would be up there knocking the 10ths down off of lorenzo and pedrosa but still, think the main guys will make it an interesting race. TBH i was worried about spies and still am for tomorrows race i reckon he will fade off, is his mom there this weekend?? 2-0 to crutchlow against dovi, keep it up cal that factory ride is getting closer :)

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

Go Hayden.. what a great effort. Ducati should be taking all direction from their no 1 rider Nicky.

Very interesting qualifying session, with the constant threat of rain making them all work hard in case it is their last dry lap.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices