Skip to content

General Oncoming speed camera ! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Oncoming speed camera !

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Oncoming speed camera !

Hey guys, Last night I was riding my back from manchester and I know where all the cameras are, but I dont have a working speedo so Im unsure of the speed I travel at, of course I notice when im going fast, anyway on my way home I was coming towards a fixed speed camera (yellow) that was facing towards me and a chav in a corsa tried racing me just before it, usually i speed at oncoming cameras because they never seem to flash but this one did, the car slowed down for it but im unsure if if flashed me or the car or even both, im abit worried as im only on the 33bhp restricted licence which means I cant get more than 3 points or im banned and have to re-take my test.

Can the camera get me as I dont have a plate on the front just like every other motorbike?
Please give me your views on this
Cheers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 April 2012 14:23)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

cameras

If it can't get your plate, then you have no worries.

Better get the speedo fixed ASAP though.

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Here

is an image from google maps of the camera 

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Thank

you for the reply, did the pic upload?

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Never say never

A real bummer when someone overtakes you past a forward facing camera, you think why do they always get away with it.

But I do recall on MCN a guy may have got done speeding through a forward facing camera, I,m sure they had him because of the colour of his screen fasteners and stickers. something along those lines.

Not sure if they need registration, could just be a photo and if they can trace the bike and prove it, you might get done.

I am really not sure, but you never know. :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

err, no it didn't...

load it up twice, that seems to be the way !?

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Can't see

Your pic/link but don't worry, as eatcs01 says, the forward facing gatsos can't get a motorcycle:smile

This doesn't give you carte-blanche to speed through them though, make a habit of it and they'll come after you using your helmet/clothing/bike to identify you. 

Get your bloody speedo sorted too!!:huh: 

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

It

Doesnt want to upload so I have uploaded it to a website,

here is the link

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Forward facing cameras

Karl,

Just googled it, you can get done speeding through a forward facing camera.

In your case as a one off  I don't think you need to worry, but if you abuse it you could get caught.

No you don't have a number plate, but if you are a re occurring offender or do something stupid, you could in in for a nice suprise. The cameras take pictures.

There is an article on MCN about a rider that got done, something like 70 in a 30. They had the type of bike, helmet, gear, colours etc and that he had a mirror missing. They simply sat there and waited for him on his daily commute, simple really. He ended up with a fine and points on his licence.

It seems if you abuse it, they have justifiaction to come out and get you.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

thats not far from hollinwood

methinks, and ive had that one a few times with no bother, once with the front wheel in the air at over the prescribed limit, dont worry about it mate forwards cant get you, but they are now using the developed pictures to catch you if its way over, its just a time thing, first they identify the bike then find who owns said vehicles in the area ,then watch and wait in a kit match.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Don't know how it is now

but it used to be that if a camera flashed two vehicles in the same photo, they didn't issue the ticket because they had no way to prove which vehicle triggered it.

Also, "as im only on the 33bhp restricted licence which means I cant get more than 3 points or im banned and have to re-take my test." - not quite true; the limit is 6 points (unless you've got 3 pre-existing?), and applies from your first driving test pass (bike or car) for 2 years - the 33bhp limit makes no difference here.

What distance in front was the car?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices