Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo takes home pole MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo takes home pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo takes home pole

Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo will start tomorrow's MotoGP race at Jerez from pole position. Lorenzo took advantage of the drying track to take pole position on his final lap of the session. Compatriot Dani Pedrosa will start from second on the grid after battling with Lorenzo throughout the session for pole position. Factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden takes the final place on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 April 2012 15:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

I dont agree with klinkerhoffen often

But cant argue with any of that, nice one nostro bud

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

rossi

Goat my arse.I never saw hailwood/agostini/sheen/doohan/lorenzo/stoner .get hammered by their teamate.the man is like a lot of other riders their biggest talent is getting their own way.best bike /tyres etc.i am delighted that this ridiculous myth has been exposed for the bollocks it is.goat pah,

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Does anyone know if the rest of the riders will be setting off at the same time as Dani and Jorge or will they be giving them half a minutes start... dire....

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

IM a big rossi fan but dont know wtf is going on do you? nah but you keep pouring out myth's if's and maybe's, also a a massive rdp fan always said underated

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Nostro of old in from the cold?

Fantastic post Nostro! Try and "Not be arsed" more often........ Not that you should care but I concur with your comments. Much like my reference to Spencer your Poggialli prognosis seems to fit the bill. 

For some time now I have thought that Rossi just didn't get on with the bike, combined with the broken leg (1st proper injury of his long career not that I think any rider should get injured... ever), and a crook shoulder (ouch) with the inherent long recovery time. 

Add to that nightmare of nearly taking the  head off of one of your mates and the unavoidable consequences of that accident. The fire could easily have been reduced to a few embers and he doesn't even know it? With his spate of Ducati front end crashes and lack of confidence in the feel he gets from the bike.... maybe he is subconciously concerned he could be seriously injured if he comes off in a crowd?

I think Hayden is on it at Jerez because of the conditions and he is proported to perform better at left handed circuits because he is a Yank. Ah yes I know Jerez isn't an anti clockwise circuit but turns 3 & 4 (Doohan and McWilliams career killers) and 7 & 8 are big boy, big balls drifters which....... go left.

Funnily enough I am wishing Nicky a really good result here but won't get excited about his performance on the Duke for at least 3 more races and then we will see how the positions are shaking out.

Ciao....

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

Last season for VR?

I must say I do admire the VR fan club, whose ambition for their favourite rider certainly out weighs his talent. Face the facts he is history. The only reason he still turns up to MOTO GP is because he has a legal obligation to do so i.e. a contract with his employers to do so, I do not believe he has the belly for it any more. For sure this is his last season.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

GOAT

If it all clicks into place for him then he will win again.

Best of luck for Cal tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

@955i

"Goat my arse.I never saw hailwood/agostini/sheen/doohan/lorenzo/stoner .get hammered by their teamate.the man is like a lot of other riders their biggest talent is getting their own way.best bike /tyres etc.i am delighted that this ridiculous myth has been exposed for the bollocks it is.goat pah,"

Total knobend!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Benny Benny Benny

Three and a half seconds. Not three teenths, three and a half bleedin' seconds! And you're telling me he's still mentally strong? In comparison to you maybe! Rossi conceded defeat to Lorenzo the moment he walked away from Yamaha, and to Stoner the moment he tipped the Ducati into turn one at Valencia 2010. Have you not read any of the words the man himself has spoken?

Thanks Willie. You make good points regarding the subconscious nature of Rossi's problems and steel shoed Nicky.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The Italian dream team what was supposed to be looks all but over Ducati has a new lead rider in Nicky does not bode well in the Rossi camp.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices