Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo takes home pole MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo takes home pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo takes home pole

Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo will start tomorrow's MotoGP race at Jerez from pole position. Lorenzo took advantage of the drying track to take pole position on his final lap of the session. Compatriot Dani Pedrosa will start from second on the grid after battling with Lorenzo throughout the session for pole position. Factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden takes the final place on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 April 2012 15:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

How close to factory spec are the Tech 3's

BennyHedgehog reckons they're poles apart but Cal seems to be pretty handy on the customer spec bike. Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Somebody suggested that Yamaha have given Dovi and Cal a bike that is close to factory spec to decide who rides alongside Jorge next year. Interesting...

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Bradley Smith?

Seems strange to give young Bradley one of the Tech3 seats next season when their current lineup is performing so well (at this early stage). Bradley isn't exactly on fire at the moment but that could be down to the bike I guess. I wonder if Herve will reconsider? Won't be so bad if one of his riders gets a factory ride and Spies rides off on his pushbike...

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE ?

MY SHIT`S ALL YELLOW !

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

great session

really enjoyed this one,shame cal could not hold on for much longer tho,great job all the same it aint no fluke now is it 2 rounds of qp gone and top 5, as for rossi what can i say as predicted, good rain effort tho given it suits that better, i dont think he will want to race mugello in this form do you?????????

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

his mojo has gone

he`s not even trying anymore

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Because I can't be arsed

typing something else, I'll just in essence repeat my MM post.

I felt Cal had it in the bag (as perhaps he did too) half way through. I was thinking what the hell was Lorenzo doing down in 13th with thick black clouds lingering? But like the Toreador he is he simply ignored the rain drops and kept it pinned - for another half hour. Sensational riding by Jorge. Pedrosa also looked like he had it all under control. Oh for a dry fight between these two - plus Stoner? - tomorrow.

Crutchlow and Hayden gutsy rides. RdeP. Wow. He really suits this renegade role.

Rossi. Well no doubt he is much better than this. He really appears to be undergoing a champions transformation of Poggiali proportions. To my mind his number one problem is he has been intimidated by the D16 since he first threw a leg over it in Nov 2010, and remains so. Until now I haven't doubted his desire to give it his all. Now I'm much less certain. Second to the intimidation is that he has been mentally crushed by JL & CS - no question. Thirdly perhaps the Simoncelli incident has subconsciously dulled another edge. And all at a favourite circuit like Jerez?! There has to be genuine doubt about Rossi finishing the year if he continues in this vein. A downward spiral of this magnitude is an extremely difficult one to pull out of.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Lots of head shaking from Rossi 😰

😰 looking at the slow motion pics of the riders they all seemed to slip and slide but Rossi in particular seemed uncomfortable. From what spalding was saying in the eurosport commentary rossi is getting pi&&ed off with the Ducati " Ducati have given him the opposite of what he asked for with an aggressive engine" that's not word for word but the gist of what was said. In one slow mo you could see that he only touched the throttle picking it up out of a corner and it was all over the place! At this moment in his career I don't think he's going to be arsed riding a bike that does not do anything near what he wants. On point well done to Lorenzo and ped for the exciting quali with Hayden doing superb and our man crutchlow putting in a top performance. GO CAL!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

where have all the bullshitters gone?

im kinda missing seeing the chums on here making excuses for vr slump in the the top class, but........ have we all been losing sight that the simmo tragedy we all sadly witnessed last year has really dented his desire to really want to race anymore, i dont mean its the reason but maybe he is in himself unhappy as a bike racer??? just a thought.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

WELL DONE

Fantastic result for Crutchlow and Hayden , Well done to Pedrosa and Lorenzo Didnt see qualifying What happened to Stoner. arm pump? Would be fantastic to see Kal on the podium tomorrow. Hopefully Rossi can work some magic and up his game

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

this simonchelli bollox

lets get this straight........that guy was an accident waiting to happen......and those guys race if someone dies,then someone dies.....it makes no difference really to them as they accept the risks.......it was sad  simmo died but i wasn`t surprised either

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices