Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pol Espargaro wins red-flagged race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pol Espargaro wins red-flagged race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pol Espargaro wins red-flagged race

Pol Espargaro has taken his maiden Moto2 victory at Jerez after the race was red-flagged due to rain at the beginning of lap 19. Marc Marquez was in the lead when the race was red-flagged, but the result was taken from lap 17 which handed victory to Pol Espargaro. Thomas Luthi led the race early on, with Scott Redding and Marc Marquez...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 April 2012 12:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

cock

jamie want the fuck do u no

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

OH, PLEASE ...

Quote: "The engines are all the same."

Parkway - please don't be so naive as to believe ALL are equal in Moto2 - despite best efforts, the spirit of the Rules & the constant monitoring of the Tech Inspectors & their data.

I posted last year explaining just how it is possible for Teams to "cheat " in this category - which went quite some way to explaining the - up to 8kph/5mph speed differential - between supposedly/allegedly identical engines with identical power. This isn't just down to fairing & air box design & rider "superiority" ... and a post-race tear-down & close examination will NOT find how it was achieved. I don't really want to repeat myself - try & pay more attention & retain information, OK?

Should it prove necessary to convince you - maybe I could "message" you directly so we don't bore the pants off of everyone else by repeating ourselves endlessly?

In this Class of desperate nutters & head-bangers - one HAS TO QUALIFY well. Can I use the example of Anthony West (a real "racer") who started 29th yesterday but finished in 16th & just out of the points, holding-off & then chasing, right until the death, a proven talent on a great bike, Andrea Iannone - who finished 14th.

Having to lose time by "fighting through" those that Qualified much, much faster on "allegedly" identically-performing machinery must be so very frustrating. Put West on Marquez' bike & I guarantee you West would be a front-runner too, OK?

Just in case you failed to notice - West got a 7th, 9th & 10th in 2010 - & 2 x 4ths late in 2011 on bikes that were crap & dog-slow by comparison with the ones ridden by the "favourites". In every case he had to come through from ‘waaaay back in the field. It would be great for everyone if we could ever reach that Utopian ideal of complete equality, wouldn't it?

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Redding was awesome!!!

Wow redding can ride!!! Fast and loose and all this arguing that a lighter rider on a top bike with top sponsorship of the right nationality does not have an advantage is absolute bollo@ks!!!!! Marquez, yes no doubt he will take the title, but he should with the setup he has. I'm hoping redding can get up there and harass him as much as poss. That near immediate overtake back on him by redding was great, ESP considering that you could tell redding was on the ragged edge while Marquez seemed to have a speed/ acceleration advantage almost everywhere !! GO SCOTT!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

Stop moaning!

There seems to be a lot of people who know just about everything on here, and also a lot of arse kissing and excuse making for some riders.

Moto2 is some of the best (if not the best) racing you will see and that’s for the reason that control engines are used. Yes some bikes are better than others as some riders get the best chassis developments first, but that’s sponsorship for you. Different styles and weight affect tyre degradation and that’s pretty obvious. If Scott, Brad or Gino were at the front would you all be crying about cheating? Don’t forget Smith is in one of the best teams available.

Credit where credit is due to the front runners, and all the Brits (especially Gino for putting in a quality performance).

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

bradders

i think herve needs 5to have a rethink about which brit is riding his 2nd m1 next season, smith is far from ready . redding is on fire!!!

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

+1 Aquarius

and even if the engines mechanical bits are the same, the electronics can be made to make a huge difference. And last year confirmed that MM gets a different chassis then everyone else. Controlled class my arse. Honda's/Repsol's/Dorna's (in any other business, that trifecta would be in trouble for collusion) golden boy was the moto2 champion before the season started. Even Ioneone shares the sentiment that with MM's bike he could get those results.

It was nice to see Karma rip the win awy from him though. I bet someone got in trouble for not waiting one more lap to break out the red flag.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Clipboards of the World takeover

Aquarius old bean..you do love a good old fashioned conspiracy theory!!..surely a man with your supply of brain matter would`nt seriously believe that West could win on Marques`s bike!...of course its down to individual teams/budgets to improve and come up with the best racing package they can..if its JUST down to the bike why for example can`t Aoyama get anywhere near Johnnny Rea in World Supers..at the end of the day its the Rider every time that gives the bike the edge...Kevin Schwantz??

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Faster..another one!

If Honda/Repsol/Dorna are trying to create some kind of Spanish cartel why did Repsol Honda field two non Spaniards in MotoGp last year?,..what people are seem to forget is that if we had to rely on any kind of financial backing from English speaking nations ie:USA,Britain,AUS,there wouldn't be any GP racing!..I still remember when Donnington could barely pull 25.000 while the Catalunya GP sold out every year...sad but true its our Latin neighbours that bankroll GP racing..Jesus we can`t even nurture and support our greatest GP prospects in years(Scott and Brad)..its a friggin disgrace..I think its about time we gave the Spanish a bit more respect for their backing of our young British stars

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Nakano?

Nakano retired in 2009 I think , whats he to do with Jonathan Rea?

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Parkway 70 ...

OK - I have defended you against the Zombie hordes in the past (remember?) but you have bloody annoyed me now by "questioning" my knowledge in these matters.

Also, I think Coyote88 was also having a disguised "go" at me too.

Keep an eye on your MCN Profile inbox for messages - I will explain all to you via that system, OK?

In the interim - take a look at this little gem from motomatters: I quote verbatim ...

" The one cloud on the Moto2 horizon is rumblings of nefarious doings among some of the top teams. Marc Marquez' behavior at Qatar was fueling much of the gossip, the Spaniard constantly sitting up on Qatar's long front straight to stop himself from passing others considered suspicious. Whether there is any truth in this, or whether it is just the usual paddock spite, excuse-mongering and backstabbing remains to be seen, and is something I will be returning to in due course."

Guys - it is a reality that has been going on for some 18 months. I will explain how. Later ...

Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices