Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

unclePancho

Apr 12

unclePancho says:

CBR 125 Problem with engine

Hey guys, my first post post here :)

I have a problem with my beloved CBR that I cannot seems to solve by myself. Starting from the beginning, the downpipe of the bike started to rust, and at one point it snapped completely. I have bought a replacement downpipe, fitted and sealed it in the place, but now the bike kind of lost its 'power' (yes its a 125, still fun to ride, gotta learn on something and this bike is most reliable 125 I've ever been on). 

Before anything was broken the bike was able to pull 75-80mph only struggling with acceleration at 6th gear between 6-7k revs. Now after fitting the new downpipe (replacement of a stock pipe, with no restrictions according to the shop) thebike struggles a lot - in any gear goes up to 5-6k revs and almost stops accelerating although the revs go up. I can also feel with my hand that when in neutral I open up the throttle the revs go up steadily, but when it hits around 6 the pressure of gas coming out of silencer kind of drops (just like when you blow the air with your mouth and run out of air). Also the top speed dropped to around 50-55mph max in 4th gear (5 and 6 just make it slow down).

Is there anything i can do with this pipe (drill it or something)? I cant really afford another one, and I really need and want to ride the bike :upset:

Thanks in advance guys...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 April 2012 13:43)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

pipe

Welcome u..............o,if the new down pipe is the same spec as the one took off, i suspect you`ve upset rust in the can causing a restriction.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Honda CBR 125 Year? Model?

Hi UnclePancho and welcome to the site:smile

Am with Jaffa90 on this,take the Exhaust silencer off and see if you can bang  and shake the the debris out,if possible also use a air line to blow it through at high pressure.

Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:    

Reply to this Topic
unclePancho

Apr 12

unclePancho says:

CBR

I took the silencer off completely for polishing, before I've done it I tried shaking it around and slightly banging it with piece of wood, and it seems like there is nothing really in it (unless its a big lump stuck together).

I'll try and run the bike without silencer to eliminate it from the list. I've also been told that the engine sounds like it's running with no oil (there is still just below 'max' level, changed 4k miles ago).

Do you guys know if drilling holes in the very last bit of downpipe (where the silencer bolts on) and taking out the U shaped metal plate from there might make a difference?

EDIT: it's a 2006 carb model.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices