Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

Reigning MotoGP champion Casey Stoner has taken his first race win of 2012 at Jerez today despite suffering from arm pump in the latter stages of the race. The start of the race saw some of the best racing seen in the premier class for a long time, with the first six riders all switching places as they battled for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 April 2012 14:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
siiimon93

Apr 11

siiimon93 says:

ben spies

Your time is numbered!

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Stoner....wow

what a great race!! I had a feeling Stoner will find it tough but...what a cheeky bugger! during WUP signalling his hand and not putting a lap in...i think his mindgames are truly on now. On what is probably his worst track, its only going to get better... damn thats a scary thought for the rest of the grid

LOL at Barbera not wanting to shake Rossis hand...and nice gesture by vale too haha

Ben Spies.....hahhahahah...well ill just leave it at that

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

SPOT ON AGAIN.

What`s the difference between someone who really,really know`s fu** all about Moto GP and a 46er ? That`s right,   no fu**ing difference.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Dull as dishwater.

Compared to Moto3/2 if I'm honest. The big question for me is, how long before Ducati give Valentino Rossi the flick. Nicky Hayden was running well for the first half and Rossi was using his settings!!?? As Stavros said "it's all in his head now". Valencia and november look a long, long way away.

Big up to Cal for proving me wrong again and I hope he keeps it up. Looks like he's on course for Ben Spies seat.

As we know the title will be a Stoner v Lorenzo slug fest but I think Stoner will prevail.

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Boring

Does anyone else out there think it was a boring race, sure the first half a dozen laps or so were great with lots of riders overtaking each other but after it all calmed down Casey never looked in any danger to me once he hit the front, Jorge seemed happy enough with 2nd and Cal never looked like passing Dani for 3rd, don't get me wrong there was some great rides but as a race it became a bit of follow the leader for me.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Hell of a race

Dont think theres alot between the honda or the Yamaha or Stoner and Lorenzo, just bodes well for a great season to me.

Ride of the day has to be crutchlow, but for losing out early doors i think he'd have got a podium. It appeared to me the Pedrosa held him back for most of the race but was just that bit too fast out of the corner for Cal to be  in position to pass him into the next corner . Brillant ride though.

Spies, looks a shadow of the rider he's hyped up to be, sometihng is wrong because he's better than that. If he's hurt he need to hold his hand up and say.

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

A great race with a lot of tension throughout. Nickey rode well, he didn't make a mistake as reported he was shunted out of the corner by another rider(I forget who) and lost his momentum. Before that he looked good to battle with Dovi at least.

Rossi and Spies, well what can I say but they need to lift their game if they want a ride next year.

Reply to this Topic
siiimon93

Apr 11

siiimon93 says:

I know vales doing a pretty poor job but people seem to be ignoring the job ben spies is doing on the bike that one the first race and got pole yesterday. Dont get me wrong i like ben but he is medicore and best and could be better off going to superbikes with rossi because neither have anymore wins i.n them

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Boring?

Does anyone else out there think it was a boring race ? . No mate it was a cracker . I didn't think switching to 1000cc would make much of a difference but going by Qatar and now Jerez Im shown to be in error .

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

WELL DONE CASEY

Congratulations Stoner. Really rode well and also to Crutchlow. he is really starting to mix it with the best. Lorenzo didnt quite have the setup he needed better luck next time. Trouble is the race apart from the start was generally was quite boring. cant wait for the real action where the racing is at WSB and BSB   

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices