Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

Reigning MotoGP champion Casey Stoner has taken his first race win of 2012 at Jerez today despite suffering from arm pump in the latter stages of the race. The start of the race saw some of the best racing seen in the premier class for a long time, with the first six riders all switching places as they battled for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 April 2012 14:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Its ok willie

Its all about prespective to me. JMB was a man of his time and stepped out of his comfort zone and suceeded.RC was brillant but on his own turf. but each to there own. JMB  world champion  and won every AMA title, so had beaten every one he could to prove he was the motocross GOAT. then moved on

On the same note credit Cal, he's jumped the stepping stones to Moto GP without waiting for success (titles) in lesser championships to get to the very top level, He could well prove he's the real deal .

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Pretty good race but, Moto 3 was far more exciting. Go Stoner!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Jolly

Whatever the hell it was it wasn't Hayden cooking his tyres

I'd mentioned this earlier with some thoughts on what may have happened.

Up to about lap 8 Hayden was with the Pedrosa group, running the same times.  He was running fast enough to keep them behind him until then, they were all on the same pace. If they could have run faster at that point they'd have surely been straight past him as Stoner and Lorenzo were disappearing up the track. Around lap 8 two things happened. They got past and started to increase their lap times. His started getting slower by up to half a second or so.

Rossi on the other hand, was using Hayden's settings for the first time this weekend. My thought was that it took him some time into the race to get comfortable with them and then he started to improve and get quicker.

Hayden was on the soft front and chewed it up by about lap 10, hence the drop off in times. Rossi, I think, was on the hard front, therefore it lasted and he was able to continue pushing as he got more used to the new bike set-up, setting his fastest times in the last two laps (not quite as fast as Barbera's fastest...)

Since my first post, Hayden has confirmed he wrecked his tyre. Up until he was very happy with the feeling of the bike, said it puts heat into the tyre very quickly and he could run whatever lines he liked. The trade off he said, is the tyre went off just as the other's tyres were coming up to temperature.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Racecraft?

I'm sure I'll get a flaying from the usual suspects for this but here goes anyway. 

I reckon if rossi had been on one of those yamahas today we'd have seen more action. Here's why. When he was on form and trailing someone for a prolonged period as were crutchlow or lorenzo today- he had a knack of disrupting the guy infront. He would make attempts to pass that he knew weren't possible. It didn't matter that he would never be able to pull it up. He'd disrupted the other rider's rhythm. And he would put in a few of these 'passes' at different corners so the rider in front wouldn't know where the real pass was going to be. Rossi would also take more 'looks' at passes, again just to keep the rider infront on edge. 

It begs the question, is a lack of passing all down to the bikes getting closer to the limit? Or is it riders lacking the ability(or need?) to create opportunities for themselves. After all, bikes do not suffer the aerodynamic problems of F1 cars, where for many years they had a lack of passing and many races which were like today's. Entertaining for real followers of the sport but not spectacular. Which isn't great for a sport where a leading manufacturer can't find a main sponsor...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hayden

Yes he has, Indianapolis last year springs to mind but on such occassions he was the only one to go with the soft.

Today a few of them including Lorenzo, Stoner, Pedrosa, had the soft front as well due to track conditions.

Unfortunately the Ducati chewed its too quickly, so next step is to understand why. Set up or something else. Shame as it would have been good to see him stay with that group.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

great race

stoner controlled it throughout and blitzed lorenzo at the end.....love the way stoner slides that bike it`s awesome to watch.......and i do believe cal is turning into an alien!!!......COULD IT BE BYE BYE BEN HELLO CAL AND BYE BYE DOVI HELLO VALE?

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Bad Tradesmen Blames There Tools

Well at least Rossi is helping to design a bike that Hayden can ride cause he doesn't look like he has engineered it for himself like we all believed. I feel for the people who found it a boring race really i do because I now know what it's like to be bored reading there comments. I think Spies for sure knows if he does not beat Cal in the rest of the races this year he is out. Doohan spoke to JB in Qatar and he said he has run out of setup options The best set up option would be to replace Rossi with a eager rider who is willing to ride the bike the way it needs to be ridden. What rider preys for rain so they might get a chance to win ? Stop sulking Rossi and looking down your mediocre team mates exhuast.

Reply to this Topic
Flipslats

Aug 11

Flipslats says:

A cracker of a race!

A brilliant race, especially by the top four.

Crutchlow - I'll be the first to admit I didn't think the guy had that type of racing in him, and was sure that Dovi would have had his measure by the second race! He had the pace right through to the end showing that the likelihood of him on a podiem this year is a very good possibility. Great to see, and great for MotoGP.

Stoner - Brilliant riding!! Holding the lead for that long, with that pace in those conditions is one of the best rides I have seen in a long time. Nail biting stuff!!! Loved it!!

There's a very good chance we'll be seeing the same type of race at Estoril... bring it on!

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

thats a massive blow for lorenzo .. his track and stoner gave it to him..... lol at rossi going for the hand shake with 10th and getting blown off....lol( i know he didn't see him, but still funny)...WTF is up with spies...Cal on factory team next year with dove and the moto2 rider on monster yamaha....spies out

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Freedom of Choice?

You know I hate to say it but Calvin worries me a little. He seems to be very fast in the oddest parts of the track, his style is quite peculiar, regularly up everyones chuff and game as a cock sparrow. What a fkn breath of fresh air!

Must be a lot of poms beside themselves realising what a talented little bugger he is, and the most worrying thing... he's not even a fkn Italian!

Talk about a dog with two bones! I can picture all the pommy losers in my head, while the words of the Devo song blare out...

he licked one bone

he licked the other

he ran in circles

he dropped dead...

Hahahaha haha hahahaha haha ha hahahahahahahahahaha haha hahahahaha hahahahaha...

Merry fkn Christmas from Bob!

btw, remind me who won again?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices