Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

Reigning MotoGP champion Casey Stoner has taken his first race win of 2012 at Jerez today despite suffering from arm pump in the latter stages of the race. The start of the race saw some of the best racing seen in the premier class for a long time, with the first six riders all switching places as they battled for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 April 2012 14:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Chris, Benny and Jolly

Chris. I know.  I'll hold my hand up. I'm not the cunning linguist you are.

Benny. It's looking a little like Davey Jones' locker for Dovi at the moment. Sink or swim as Pedro always says bobbing around in the calm seas of a factory HRC contract.

Jolly. I'm not going into all that for the umpteenth time, but suffice to say Yamaha built the 2004 bike and presented in to VR & JB, they merely set the thing up very well. First you tell me you don't believe what riders say but you do believe Rossi. So you buy into every single flip flop statement he's made in his Ducati tenure? Hmmmm....

From a historical perspective Ducati moved mountains for Rossi last year. What'd Stoner get from Corse 2010 - a new swingarm and a set of old forks?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Great comments... pleasant thread!

This thread has been pleasingly pleasant even though Stoner won and Rossi failed miserably again you have all been very well behaved and I have enjoyed following it along.

Just had a great post from Buffalo12! Thanks for that and please come along and join in more often.

Although he is not the most popular of characters on this forum I would like to give a some respect and a big salute to Wosideg for his post yesterday "Aliens Blow Goat" (29 April 2012 22:25). Excellent read and liked your input about Cal's run of form. Be cool if you occasionally drop a post like that into your usual mix of "wind up grenades".

Ciao Mama's...........

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

It took 20 years for you to get some confidence to say that again didn't it Wosi . But well done to the fully english born and bred cricket team. What about the rugby league,Olympics , Commonwealth games, Hockey , lawn bowles,Surfing ,women s Snowboarding and triathlons ? go back and lick your balls all dogs are good at that.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

How can you take Rossi seriously?

Still faffing around trying to find a base set-up 18 months into this venture? And only now realising he might need to adjust his riding style somewhat to suit the Duke? Not even Dovi's that slow to realise style changes are required (and on the evidence Dovi's style problems are larger than Rossi's).

Perhaps if Rossi used his testing time better he would've tried Hayden's settings in the off season. Or even at the Mugello test rather than swanning around in cars? I'm questioning both his motivation and dedication now.

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

Marquez

with Smith coming up next year and Marquez probably want to get up also, after winning the championship, who will have to leave Moto1 !? clearly not enough "good" bikes on the grid ;o)

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Lorenzo's comment

Thanks for that link blood bubble but i have to say it's probably a false dawn.. What is interesting though is Lorenzo'z comment I never knew he said that he would be happy with Rossi making a return to Yamaha? Obviously this is only for the camera's and a dig at Rossi because lets face it a return to Yamaha seems very unlikely. Nostro i am going to have to disagree with you on the Dovi front i think he is not doing too bad on the tech 3 Yam and i do honestly think he will improve once he gets to grips with the transition from the Honda to the Yam. I have no doubt that he will out perform Spies for the rest of the season going on current form and results. I don't think that Dovi's problems are larger than Rossi's at all. The only difference in the severity of the problems, Dovi is willing and has been trying to change his riding style (problem) and in time i believe that he will be where cal and the rest of the front runners (problem solved). Now you will notice i said in time, I completely agree with you about Rossi faffing about and i think it's ridiculous how he has only just come to the conclusion that he needs to change his riding style now and one thing that he hasn't got on his side is time. Dovi has been getting to grips with his Yam and new riding style over winter testing Whereas rossi IMO has been wasting time, He needs to get it into his head that its him and not the bike. The bike isn't brilliant but if he would ride it to it's potential surely that would give the team a building block to improve the package overall. Rossi is in the doo doo and im sure if you asked Dovi and rossi if they would trade places dovi would say "nahhh im alright tar". Rossi would say "gimme gimme now!"

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WHAT RACE WERE YOU WATCHING ?

Dani got the hole-shot,as usual,and was leading for quite a while,so was not embroiled in any battle`s at all. Then Stoner took him and then Lorenzo etc etc.  So if he`d not been so worried about the damp bit`s maybe he could have run with the front boy`s ?   But he was and he didn`t !   End of.          Let`s see what Portygal bring`s,hopefully some dry,warm weather and Dovi and ,more importantly Spies,at full chat !

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

Spies!! - let Cal on!

Is anyone else amazed just how hard Spies seems to be finding it on the 1000cc, I really thought he would be up there from the off with his experience on a 1000 and new tyres they are using, Im shocked how far back he is. .

Is it out the question to think Cal could take his ride!! Personally I think Cal is looking good for the season and will make his signature for next year a nice option for a few team. Lets hop he keeps it up.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Er nostro you poorly informed whelp.. AB questioned who'd told motomatters that they used the same settings as Nicky when de mentioned it to him. Apparently it was based on an observation by spalders... They are running a setting that bares some relationship to nickys ie the standard ducati setting that is all. Hither to the actual start of the race rossi had never used those settings before.. Incidently Rossi was quite a bit quicker than nicky in the 2nd half of the race(motogp analysis) losing 10 secs in the first 10 laps... Ducati have along history of losing (except one rider and even he wasn;t doing anything when he made his best ever move and left) and a rider that's won 9 titles and largely been lauded with maintaining his dominance through good product development... Presiozi unsurprisingly goes with his own option again.... . it's a mindless decision born of Presiozi massively over inflated ego. A recent interview mentioned presiozi telling Rossi what power delivery he needed not the other way round and rossi saying he doesn;t understand that the rider needs better delivery not more top end power(odd for a guy that likes twins if you ask me.)..se.. I reckon MCN should put it to the test, lets put a 1000 jap engine in a duke superbike or the new panigale and see the laptimes. They will drop through the floor. Presiozi has replicated the handling but can't replicate the extra 200c of twin that makes up for the dukes barge like turning end of..??

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Nev, Chris & especially Benny

What you must realise is Pedrosa is the Cutty Sark in her pomp. Dovi is the Mary Rose - rebuilt only to sink shortly thereafter, and Rossi the Dreadnought powered by steam (hot air) and destined to be outclassed after ten years in the field.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices