Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

Reigning MotoGP champion Casey Stoner has taken his first race win of 2012 at Jerez today despite suffering from arm pump in the latter stages of the race. The start of the race saw some of the best racing seen in the premier class for a long time, with the first six riders all switching places as they battled for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 April 2012 14:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

lot of people on here saying pedrosa held up cal! are you guys for real , its a race and cals job is to overtake the rider in front , if he indeed had more speed and pace than pedrosa then he would of got passed him , the fact he couldn't is because pedrosa was too good and fast. i applaud cals race and have always liked him a lot , but he was clearly riding a good couple of punches over the limit , to try and do that at every race this year sadly will ( and i seriously hope not )end in some no finishes , qualies was an example of what i mean. even lorenzo is over his comfort zone trying to match stoners pace that not even daylight can keep up with and thats with stoner suffering strained arm muscles and riding his worst track and lorenzo's Favorite. many think stoner has never won here before , but he did once when he was in the auro cup.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

lot of people on here saying pedrosa held up cal! are you guys for real , its a race and cals job is to overtake the rider in front , if he indeed had more speed and pace than pedrosa then he would of got passed him , the fact he couldn't is because pedrosa was too good and fast. i applaud cals race and have always liked him a lot , but he was clearly riding a good couple of punches over the limit , to try and do that at every race this year sadly will ( and i seriously hope not )end in some no finishes , qualies was an example of what i mean. even lorenzo is over his comfort zone trying to match stoners pace that not even daylight can keep up with and thats with stoner suffering strained arm muscles and riding his worst track and lorenzo's Favorite. many think stoner has never won here before , but he did once when he was in the auro cup.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

TWO TUMBS UP!!

it's just breathless. especially in few last lap that jorge wanted so much to pass stoner. nice race. i really didn't expect stoner for 1st, even 2nd. great performance.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

dacron

thank you for your smart posting. you should know that all 46ers here are NUTS!!!! whose said that pedrosa held cal??? you ask him whose his idol and he'll fart 46 times to answer it. they all nuts. especially the one call WOSHITDOG. he's the most active 46ers right now. LOL. i even not read his threadh anymore. childish.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

JEREZ COMMENTS (2):

Darryl & Mick both said they hear from people that actually “know” – people at the coal face of GP, Spies is struggling desperately with Titanic chatter -“bouncing” his tyres so very badly it is even inches high at times. Crikey! - no wonder poor Ben is hanging around at the back - when by all rights he should be right up near the sharp-end!

One wonders if “late-weight” has got much to do with this? Pedrosa wasn’t suffering as badly as the 7 kg heavier (1 x Stone+) Stoner on the Hondas - while over at Yamaha - Lorenzo, Dovizioso & Crutchlow haven’t suffered like the 6+ kg heavier Spies. Do Yamaha “share” data & set-ups? Maybe not. Whatever – it isn’t working for “Big Ben”...

Spies needs help here - fast - if he seriously wants to keep his seat in 2013. It isn’t like he’s “incapable” or doesn’t have the pre-requisite desire & talent, either – winning Assen & getting “mugged” on the Finish line by Stoner @ Valencia last season. At Jerez in pre-season testing just 30 days ago - Spies concentrated on improving his setup and got within 0.715 secs of fastest man, Stoner – WTF? There has to be a reason a great rider abruptly goes off the boil – it isn’t as if he has had the self-inflicted shock of
his life & chronic “Flossi-itis”.

Let’s be blunt here: This chatter problem only appeared when Dorna abruptly added weight/ballast to favour the CRT’s immediately B4 the season commenced. Casey Stoner had the guts to stand in the door for all the above-mentioned riders & not just himself. He quite rightly questioned & complained about it. It simply isn’t “on” when the “Promoter” can arbitrarily step-in any old time they choose & make changes to the Rules with no prior consultation or even warning.

Let us NEVER forget that Yamaha, Suzuki & Honda simply walked away & stopped competing in GP when the FIM restricted the Rules to just 4 x cylinders & 6 speed gearboxes in 1969 - on account of “costs” to Privateer Teams. (Sound familiar?) Yamaha & Suzuki didn’t come back until 1973 & 1974 respectively with highly-successful 2-Strokes racers - but Honda, took an entire 10 years off & out - coming back in 1979.

Thanks to those mushrooms & morons claiming Stoner doesn’t “train”, isn’t “fit”, doesn’t put in enough Laps (eats earthworms, starfish arms, slugs & infant children etc) – as the “real reason” for “compartment syndrome” in the last 2 x GP’s – Jerez much milder & later than Losail. Hilarious dross, dribbling & drivel. To perform in the GP Series, intensive training is a professional pre-requisite. In Oz, Stoner fishes, bow-hunts wild feral pigs & deer, runs, cycles, rides motor-bikes & does gym-work.

In Switzerland, same, minus the hunting (sticking arrows up der Lederhosen isn’t appreciated there, Wilhelm Tell) but riding push-bikes up mountains, snowboarding & skiing is added to the menu. “Arm pump” is ubiquitous amongst bike racers, many having surgery to relieve the fascia enclosing the musculature of the forearm & improve blood-flow.

Thank you God or Deity of choice, for Willie Wheelbreaker & Nostro & the few other posters who actually contribute & make sense. Many others seem to spout shit, get some vicarious thrill from seeing their nom de plume in print & then anxiously lie in wait so they can use it again – & again – ad infinitum. Sad, isn’t it? Cheers

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

JEREZ COMMENTS (1):

Whenever we think we’ve seen bottom of the barrel ignorance, bias & sheer stupidity, posters on MCN move the goals, re-define the genre & go one better - dragging the level of discourse down to Whale shit levels. Amazing! The better knowledge & understanding one has, of anything, the more depth of appreciation & enjoyment of it. Yet, we see various “armchair experts” opining MotoGP is “boring”?

These pre-pubescent kiddies, struggling with their Lego sets - & sour, serially-disappointed, dopey, gauche & one-dimensional, nouveau single rider fans (?) would doubtless all claim it was “great”- if their hero circulated in 1st place & even totally alone on-track? These flakes don’t just “get-it”. You have to wonder if any of them actually own & ride motorcycles – let alone appreciate or understand racing at all? Racing & performing on a Go-Kart track to 300kph (180mph) in “patchy & dodgy” conditions, whilst banging fairings & elbows is “Oh-Shit!” stuff to most – but not it seems, even mildly “entertaining” to these amoebas? What do you want; single cell life forms – The Coliseum & lots of bodies & blood? Your silly, shallow “assertions & opinions” are risible - piss-off & take-up Crochet, please!

In Oz, we were blessed with Darryl Beattie (as usual) & Mick Doohan “guesting” as “continuity & comments” men. For those only around in the “Rossi-era” – “Noddy”, beaut-bloke Beattie was a Suzuka 8 Hour Winner, “works Honda GP rider” & winner of 3 x GP’s & 13 x Podiums. He harried Mick all the way for the 1995 World 500 GP Title on a Suzuki, until a crash took the pressure off Mick. Many biased “big brains” on MCN would find it incredible – but both Darryl & Mick are “neutral”, non-partisan & obviously fabulously “qualified” to comment – contrary to the likes of garrulous “watchers” like we see posting here & endure on Telecasts.

Late Race, the usual “dynamic duo” exclaimed Lorenzo had “suddenly closed” on Stoner - “Was this the start of tyre or arm problems for the leader? “. They must have been in the Dunny or having a cup of tea when, just some 10 -15 seconds B4, Stoner missed his apex & ran wide around a ‘looong Right-Hander – Lorenzo, mm perfect through the same, made-up some 20m. Jesus - talk about the blind leading the blind! I guess they bullshit a bit (or a lot) to try & make it seem more exciting & secure their jobs? At least they don’t screech like school girls – as in the WSBK commentaries!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Sorry Jolly - I just made that up

Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team) 8th

"It was fun for a couple of laps. We know our bike is great at generating heat in the tyres, and for the first few laps, I was able do what I wanted. Then about the time it looked like the other guys' tyres came up to temperature, mine had already started losing grip, especially in the front. I was pushing wide in places and guys started coming past me. We knew it would be tough in the dry. My setup was okay, but to really try to go with those guys wasn't possible. I was able to close back down on Bradl at the end and have a bit of a race the last couple of laps, but he beat me. Eighth place is certainly not what our goal is. The bike's got a lot of potential, but at the moment, the gap to the rest is still too far. Hopefully we can get a dry weekend in Estoril and try to be closer to the front on Sunday."

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Dead Right Dacron

There was no way Dani held him up.  I also have a problem with blokes going out on hard tyres and trying to match it in the early stages of the race with those on softs. There is a reason for going for the hards and then they go and piss that strategy out the window as soon as the flag drops.  We all know what happened to the last bloke that did that !

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Great race!!

An awesome race at last! Great battling up front at the beginning and a shame that Hayden could not hang in there. Shown in just a few laps that he can compete at the sharp end if his machinery allows it. I was going crazy to see cal up there in the race, dishing it out big time and harrasing ped. Stoner. . Well I'm not his biggest fan ( yep im in the Rossi camp) but wow. A superb race by stoner, to keep Lorenzo at bay and take it in Spain from one of their own. Just shows with spies if Tge bikes not doing what u want it to. . Aka Rossi. 2 great riders knowhere!! Looking forward to next race. GO C A L!! 👍

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Ahh Wosi you petite little wigning Pom . Whatever us Australians are doing in sport you should take notice because the favourable statistics show we flog your arse in everything.over the last 30 years.

Moto Gp :

Eng:1977 Barry Sheene     Aus: 2011 Casey Stoner

Wsbk:

Eng : 2007 James Toseland   Aust:2008 Troy Bayliss 

AMA;1977 Reg Pridmore    Aust Matt Mladin 2009

Australia 8  world championships England 0 since 1980  to me that proves we know what we are doing.

But then Didn't you pick Rossi to win last year and this year?  just proves you know fuck all about bikes and racing Wosi but hey you have always got BSB oh hang on Ian Lowry (Ireland) is winning that and I think an Aussie is coming 2nd . So what's it like to be a Loser Wosi ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle