Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

Reigning MotoGP champion Casey Stoner has taken his first race win of 2012 at Jerez today despite suffering from arm pump in the latter stages of the race. The start of the race saw some of the best racing seen in the premier class for a long time, with the first six riders all switching places as they battled for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 April 2012 14:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Nostro

Nice to see you back to your informative and reasonable persona , long may it continue.

Im of the opinion its going to be a long and interesting season, not much between the top two, will be down to racecraft in the end. no bike arguements at the moment because they seem very evenly matched

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Cal's employer

Wosi says his missus is his boss. But how much credibility does Wosi carry?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Elbowz of chum

If your gonna make bold predictions based on the change to 1000cc engines etc for your former hero. (who it will be again when he finds his form in BSB superstock in 2014)  expect to take some piss taking and leg pulling for it.

I for one can not believe how poor its going for him he is better than that. Maybe Nostro's (i think) point about the late added weight, has hit  Spies the hardest. Whilst i dont hold him in the alien bracket , he is far better than how he is currently performing.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

elbowz GYTR

Are you ben spies setup guru.....

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Hedgehog5

"Today I knew it would be a very important decision on the grid to choose the right front tyre. Finally we chose the soft one, unfortunately we were wrong and had a lot of problems during the race, I wasn’t as confident as in practice." Those are Lorenzo's words, not mine. He says he chose the wrong tyre and you'll note that he accepts responsibility for it. He doesn't whine about other people having made a better choice. The soft tyre was clearly the wrong tyre, the hard one was the right one. Cal didn't gamble he just thought the hard tyre was the right one. And he was proved right. Tyre choice is a gamble when you're choosing slicks (on inters given the option) on a wet track and gambling on it drying out. It's not that long since the Jerez tests where riders were complaining of the soft tyres going off after a few laps. The conditions were not dissimilar to sunday, so given their experience from testing why did riders select the soft tyre?

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

cal`s employer

i thought it was mousetrap!!!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

hot off the press

Spies was spotted getting set up and chassis development tip from Preziosi, near him home on lake Como. in readiness for his Parmac ride next season.  Its also been rumoured that last night after yesterdays preformance ,Preziosi has threatened to put him on the factory bike if he doesnt pull his finger out......

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

I can only see 2 problems with spies to tech 3

Spies already sponsored by monster so tech 3 presents no problem there. Yamaha can still have someone to sell bikes in the good ol u s of, so no problem there. Spies can waffle about how it's an exciting opportunity and the tech 3 team is really strong and more friendly it'll suit him more blah blah blah. So no problem there. But will herve want him? And will there be a factory yamaha team for cal to go to next year if they can't find a sponsor?

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

long live the king

normal service resumed......try and get 400 points this year mate......rossi may even get 50 if he carries on using his team mates set-up lol lol......the king of developing bikes using another riders set-up cos he can`t do it himself......how low will it go

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - who is the bird?  i thought you would have been knocking them out to Leticia Cline .... oh hang on, that's something else that Spies hasn't been able to hang on to.

it was your bold claims that Spies would suited to the new 1000cc engines, that he was suited to running on worn tyres, that he would now be familiar with all of the MotoGP circuits.  well extra bike weight, different tyres or a mental block, your man looks as lost as your other bete noir Rossi.  actually even worse than the old Italian fella by 3 points already .... do you think he can break into the top 10 at Estoril?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices