Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Stoner takes first win of 2012

Reigning MotoGP champion Casey Stoner has taken his first race win of 2012 at Jerez today despite suffering from arm pump in the latter stages of the race. The start of the race saw some of the best racing seen in the premier class for a long time, with the first six riders all switching places as they battled for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 April 2012 14:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

AT SEASON`S END.....

In 16 race`s time,{ used to be 10 or 12 ! },I still expect Rossi to to end up in the top 6. As the Work`s team`s start to move away from the 6 other prototype`s. Will a top 6 be enough for the man himself ?Will Ducati be happy with that ? Vitto probably won`t be,after all,he expected a podium in Qatar ! To be fair on the poor deluded sod,he probably wasn`t the only one.     Anyway, I expect him to finish in mid-pack this weekend,and that`s gotta be good,ain`t it ?

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

of course noshow in the interests of fairness it's worth pointing out that when moaner was on the duke rossi broke his leg and knackered his shoulder(both diagnosable) and still be him.. trumps a bit of arm pump and alleged chatter..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yes I saw this pie in the sky figure

somewhere too. Let's presume the last incarnation of the 800 had 230hp. Honda's RCV 213 is reputed to have around 250hp. Just how on earth is the GP12 - again presuming it's 920-930cc and revving it's tits off in 800 fashion going to produce 22% more power than the GP11 with only a 16% increase in capacity? Fantasy.

You're telling me the GP10 had only  around 180HP? Given that Stoner ran in essence the same total elapsed times last year on the RCV as he did on the GP10 that show's the man is an even greater miracle worker than I thought. Or perhaps by 'approaching 100hp' you actually meant 50hp - or a more realistic 20-30HP increase?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

All this talk of stupid power outputs is indeed pie in the sky. I recall rumours back in the nineties that the MuZ was putting out anything up to 10% more power than the factory NSRs and YZRs. God knows where those figures came from, but you only had to watch the bikes on the straights to realise this wasn't the case. Quite why people even give credence to these stories is beyond me.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Benny does it for nefarious purposes, because so many merely gobble up what they see in print without thinking.

Manic old nag Benny? - A little cruel to call Rossi such. He's not old at all.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I haven't checked results yet Benny

Did Casey sit another session out due to dodgy conditions?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ho Ho - and Spies tops it

more than 3 seconds off last years pole pace....

Sounds like Rossi has peaked early in Portugal.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

doohanfan

So stoner couldn't fix the bike they specifically developed away from him to be "generally rideable." As I keep saying (and he said at the time), the 2009 bike was fine for him.

The 2010 bike and the 2011 bike which followed it were absolutely diabolical and not fixable by anyone as has been exhaustively demonstrated. Credit to nicky for working so hard to make the best that could be made of the 2010 bike, but it was never going to be a championship contending bike for him, stoner or anyone else.

I've just been talking to a Ducati fan who maintains that the bike is the fastest thing out there, but different to ride. He claims that Rossi could win on it easilly if he would only learn to ride it properly. He also credits Hayden with putting in the effort to make the best of the bike.

His mate, however, had a different take on it. He pointed out three things. In 2010 Stoner was slow on the Ducati and had to move towards Hayden's settings. In 2012 Rossi has whinged that Ducati did not develop the GP12 the way he suggested. And most recently that Rossi has started going faster now he has moved closer to Hayden's settings. His conclusion from these observations was that Ducati have been building bikes to suit Hayden for the last three seasons.

Well that reasoning seems to satisfy Occam's razor. I'm not sure that I agree, but it would seem to explain a lot if they are. The only question would have to be why?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

noshow

Another one that gets things wrong.I have never called Rossi the goat and nobody has been able to fix the flawed Ducati  but I know and all you stoner fans know deep down that stoner will never equal Rossi's achievements.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Because Jolly

it's all conspiratorial bollocks and has nowt to do with some old fat fryer.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices