You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > new tyres

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hext

Apr 12

hext says:

new tyres

hi im running pirelli diablo corsa 3 on my 996 for fast road rideing but they're only lasting 1500-2000 miles on the rear 4000 on the front.36 psi in the back,34 psi in the front.ive read that some people are getting 4000 out of a rear??? is this normal wear.looking to get new tyres with same grip but a bit more wear from the rear not to worried about the front would rather the grip.pirelli's seem to work well with the bike any ideas cheers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 April 2012 16:16)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Junk the sports tyre on the rear and go for a sports touring tyre. They work better on the road and offer double the milage. You wont lose any grip. In fact, they heat up better and work better on the road.

Michelin Pilot Road2 for the rear and a Power2CT on the front will do all you need it to do. And will return you far greater milage without sacrificing grip.

Reply to this Topic
hext

Apr 12

hext says:

new tyres

cheers for the advice,i have to stick with a pirelli on the rear due to the front diablo 3 good for a few miles yet,a 1000 with a bit of luck pricey things thees black hoops, so its a toss up between a pirelli diablo,diablo rosso,rosso 2 or stick with the corsa 3.i have try'd michelin's before but dident like them.more advice please ?????? cheers

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle