Skip to content

Ask an Expert ANYONE OLD OR NEW WHO CAN HELP Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > ANYONE OLD OR NEW WHO CAN HELP

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

richardhyde010

Apr 12

ANYONE OLD OR NEW WHO CAN HELP

Hello. i am knew to riding and since i have passed my cbt i have been looking for 125cc. but ever time i find one (either a honda cg, cbr) by the time i get to the bike (with the money in pocket most of the time to) the guy has sold it. so it has got to the point were i am looking at some Chinese bikes. a bike i am currently looking at is a sky jet, 2006 with some work done, all work carried out has been with Honda parts.  from reading reviews a number of people say stay clear but what seems like old people who look after bikes say yea go of them and give them a chance as long as you look after them which i plan on doing.  so what i am asking is... is it worth it getting one seeing as all i am using it is for getting to and from work. 

thank you for you help and look forward to hearing back from anyone

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 April 2012 19:09)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Personally

I wouldn't bother. You say this 2006 has had "some work done" - do you know what this work is?

What budget have you?

If you have a decent dealer in your area its worth trying them; a good dealer should be able to sort you out a decent reliable 125 without breaking the bank, and if you're paying cash, you should be able to negotiate on price.

Keep looking for that CG - there's loads about.

Reply to this Topic
richardhyde010

Apr 12

bike

i have got him down to 500 but it needs new chain and spockets. and the wiring needs tidying up. a friend of the family who knows bikes really well says it can be done. easly. i have been looking for about 2months and the dealers around me are selling for about £2000 as younger guys then me get there parents to buy them so the prices go up as there sell (annoying)

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

Some dealers will sell you a 125, and give you what you paid if you then upgrade to a bike bike  a few months later. 125 would need to still be in good condition (ie not dropped & kept clean & checked etc.).

May be worth looking in to.

125s do hold their price well unless 'made in china'

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Chinese Bikes

Richard these Chinese Bikes have improved a lot in the past few years . My Son had a Superbyke RMR 125cc 3 years ago and used it to practice for the DAS . It was a decent machine and the Importer was good . He didn`t lose much when he sold it on . Don`t go for an older Chinese machine , try and get a new one . Look at a make sold by the Baotian Scooter Importer called the ZONTES , they have 3 models starting at just over £1200 . They are stylish and beautifully finished . Look also at the machines of the better Importers , AJS , Sinnis , Lexmoto , Pulse and Superbyke .

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

ZONTES

Here is a picture taken of 2 of the 3 models at the Aberdare Dealer .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. 1001  
  2. 1001  
Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool