You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > xt 125 yamaha big problem ty

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

del0012003

Apr 12

del0012003 says:

xt 125 yamaha big problem ty

Hi i got a 2005 yamaha xt 125 that i rely on to go to work. I haven't used it for the last 2 days and suddently it just bearly starts, but as soon as i try to accelarate it stops ?? do i need to adjust anything or what could it be ?. The only thing i noticed was a host pipe from the cab that goes down lose that was blocked (burn at the end) so i cut it to be free,no difference. I also noticed a very short one under the backend of the seat that is blocked as well, i left it that way. Could it be the spark plug or an adjustment on the cab, thanks ever so much cause i need to go to work.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 April 2012 20:36)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

xt125

Welcome del,do you normally use the starter button or the kick start? Also with engine cold does the bike start with choke only and NO throttle?When you try to accelerate are you talking a cold engine?

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Yamaha XT 125 2005

Hi Del0012003 and welcome to the site:smile

When was it last service?is the battery dead?if the pipe you cut the end off was attached to the air box(sludge drain pipe)then you may have made matters worse if its a weak mixture problem,allowing more air in the air box.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
del0012003

Apr 12

del0012003 says:

xt125

Hi, thanks for your replies :).
I usually use the starter button, when the byke is hoter it does the same, as soon as i accelerate it dies. It was serviced not long ago and the battery is new. The pipe that i cut the end is located at the back of the carburator going down almost to the ground, should it be connected to the little pipe ( that is blocked as well ) underneath the back end of the seat ? or is it normal to be like that and should it be blocked as well ?
The only thing i can think about that iwant to try is adjusting the air/fuel mixture screw that i can's see on the carburator, do you know where it is ? thanks ever so much, i should be at work by now grrrr

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

mixture

Sounds like a weak mixture but you didn`t answer my second question.

Adjusting the mixture screw is the last resort,other things can cause it.

Reply to this Topic
del0012003

Apr 12

del0012003 says:

xt 125

sorry missed that one, yes it does start, what can i do?
thanks

Reply to this Topic
del0012003

Apr 12

del0012003 says:

xt 125

Also the end pipe that was blocked seems to be the over flow hose

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

mixture

If the bike starts ok on choke (starter jet) and warms up without throttle then i suspect that the pilot jet is partly blocked or somebody has been tampering with the mixture preventing take off.

Reply to this Topic
del0012003

Apr 12

del0012003 says:

xt 125

Hi, thanks a lot for all your replies.
The problem is now fixed :)
It simply was water in the carburator so we drained it and eventually after 10 minutes it all came back to normal.
Thanks again for all your help.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

fixed

Not really,you`ve cured the symptom but not the cause.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle