Skip to content

Discuss This Isle of Man Government announce Manx GP revamp TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Isle of Man Government announce Manx GP revamp

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Sports Desk  says:

Isle of Man Government announce Manx GP revamp

The Isle of Man Department of Economic Development has today announced proposals to revamp the Manx Grand Prix. The plans, revealed in a special MCN interview with the DED’s Chief Executive Office Colin Kniveton only last Wednesday, will come into effect for the 2013 event. It will see the Manx focus switch to a classic festival, with three of the five...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 May 2012 10:04)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

RIP OFF

If the I.O.M government want people to come back to the island for the  GP and TT then get a grip of the ferrry company and cut the ferry prices.

when there is no racing it hsalf as much.

The roads off the cicuits are abismal full of potholes and falling apart.

Most of the cafes and bars double their  prices during the events  , however you can find some realy cheap and cracking pubs and cafes away from the tourist areas.

I do have a small advantage, I have a cousin who lives just outside sulby so accomodation is not a problem.

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

Don't Get It

Apparently this is because the MGP  makes a "loss" of around £400,000. A lot of noise has been generated on the IOM by naysayers that this is unsustainable.

I used to go to the MGP for a week and it cost around £700 for the Ferry, Accommodation, petrol, food, beer etc, all of which was spent on the IOM. Lets say I'm "Mr Average" - thats £700 x 9000 people = £6.3 million ! As I cannot believe that its costs £6.7 million to stage the AMATEUR MGP, someone is telling porkies and I don't think its me!! 

Reply to this Topic
ThunderDemon

Feb 10

ThunderDemon says:

IoM don't get Steam Packet profits

Freakin Banks Again!!! The IoM Steam Packet has been owned by Banks for the last 10 years and is currently owned by a Portugese Bank, it also has a monoply in the IoM and there lies the biggest obstacle the IoM Government have against them for thier biggest earner. Thier profit margins have exceeded 36% which is three times what other Ferry Co's make. The 2011 Goodwood Revival was a 135,000 advance ticket sell out last year and the year before. Over £16 million in revenue. By the way,  (the rip off barstewarsd) ALL the accomodation in the area doubled or trebled within 20 miles. They were all fully booked ??? Why are people stupid enough to pay it. In the Centenary year in the IoM, the Steam Packet took the same amount of money out of TT fans travelling to the island. Around £16 million from 70,000 fans. The IoM is not getting the bulk of the benefit and has tied its self up with a stupid deal. However, The same monopoly does not have security in the UK as a whole, so it can be challenged as unfair and explotive as it services mainly Brits. A Motorcycle going from Hull to Rotterdam is around £200 return too for a journey 5 times as long. Dover to Calais return is less than £50 for a bike. The TT belongs to us it is our support that has made it what it is and we should do something about it, instead of some below who bitch about the 'Dump' etc and find fault. We have the Internet now and Facebook look at the Wootton Bassett ride out in 2010. We have the power to create change. Bikes are our passion, lets get passionate about this. The Manx GP lost £300,000 while the Steam Packet made millions. No Brainer really. All we have to do is say NO we aren't having that anymore.

Reply to this Topic
ThunderDemon

Feb 10

ThunderDemon says:

Freakin Banks Again!!! The IoM Steam Packet has been owned by Banks for the last 10 years and is currently owned by a Portugese Bank, it also has a monoply in the IoM and there lies the biggest obstacle the IoM Government have against them for thier biggest earner. Thier profit margins have exceeded 36% which is three times what other Ferry Co's make. The 2011 Goodwood Revival was a 135,000 advance ticket sell out last year and the year before. Over £16 million in revenue. By the way,  (the rip off barstewarsd) ALL the accomodation in the area doubled or trebled within 20 miles. They were all fully booked ??? Why are people stupid enough to pay it. In the Centenary year in the IoM, the Steam Packet took the same amount of money out of TT fans travelling to the island. Around £16 million from 70,000 fans. The IoM is not getting the bulk of the benefit and has tied its self up with a stupid deal. However, The same monopoly does not have security in the UK as a whole, so it can be challenged as unfair and explotive as it services mainly Brits. A Motorcycle going from Hull to Rotterdam is around £200 return too for a journey 5 times as long. Dover to Calais return is less than £50 for a bike. The TT belongs to us it is our support that has made it what it is and we should do something about it, instead of some below who bitch about the 'Dump' etc and find fault. We have the Internet now and Facebook look at the Wootton Bassett ride out in 2010. We have the power to create change. Bikes are our passion, lets get passionate about this. The Manx GP lost £300,000 while the Steam Packet made millions. No Brainer really. All we have to do is say NO we aren't having that anymore.

Reply to this Topic
ThunderDemon

Feb 10

ThunderDemon says:

Reply to this Topic
ThunderDemon

Feb 10

ThunderDemon says:

Ooops sorry

Ooops Sorry ... Parkinson's or something lol. Come on MCN move into the 21st Century were is the poster delete/edit  button ???

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

ThunderDemon

Fantastic idea, lets have a show of hands !!

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Err, guys there are delete and edit buttons...

Reply to this Topic
ThunderDemon

Feb 10

ThunderDemon says:

Edit buttons

Thanks its been more than a year since I posted a comment, and even then I wouldn't have worked out I need to catch a bus to my account to find the damned buttons. Like the bird keeps saying we need the help of a teenager =(

Reply to this Topic
ThunderDemon

Feb 10

ThunderDemon says:

Edit buttons

I deleted two posts and it still left them in place then directed me back here to the land of the invisible edit buttons. Guess it stays as it is ... Shrug ! =)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle