Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's the best ever superbike? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What's the best ever superbike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's the best ever superbike?

Next week's MCN (out May 9) celebrates not only 25 years of World Superbikes, but 40 years since the Kawasaki Z1, and the two features have sparked regular office arguments about which is the best ever superbike. Is it the original Honda CB750, or Yamaha's R7, or Ducati's 916, or the first Blade, or a GSX-R750 or… and so it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 May 2012 14:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
obrien65

Apr 12

obrien65 says:

Best Superbike

I know it's more than 25 years old but the Honda CB750KZ (mine's 1979) is a great superbike.  At 33 years old it still pulls like a train and can keep up with any of the modern bikes of similar size.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

obrien65

"at 33 years old it still pulls like a train and can keep up with any of the modern bikes of a similar size" Yeh OK mate and your Morris Minor stuffs the average hot hatch.

Reply to this Topic
alanjw

May 12

alanjw says:

superbike

has to be the gpz900r its quick and it handles, can go touring quite happily do track days and keep up with most modern bikes (at a push ) but out and out speed will not make a good bike ....a great all rounder !

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

GSXR750

Pure racer on the road....................and AFFORDABLE. Light, quick and wicked, wicked looks. The original modern superbike.

End of.

Reply to this Topic
reggiesp00n3r

Jul 11

Hard choice

Either the Honda VFR 400 NC30 or the Yamaha FZR 400

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

I would love to see obrien65's Honda CB750KZ keep up with a brand new GSXR750, or even most 600's lol.

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

I have to agree with Snev

Although the GSXR1000 is an awesome piece of kit nothing comes close to the FS1E, looks fantastic and when I rode one (all those years ago) I was king of the road. 

Reply to this Topic
gourmaillon

Dec 11

gourmaillon says:

why do people keep saying things like the vfr400 are the best superbike? superbike.....

and was shown a few weeks ago the gixxer1000 can be beaten in a race by the 20 year old 500gp bike..

it really has to be the duc because it changed wsb so much. all the gp bikes now try and copy the power delivery of the duc v-twin...

Reply to this Topic
obrien65

Apr 12

obrien65 says:

CB750KZ

My CB750KZ not only kept up with, but left behind a four year old GSXR750 on the A339 last week.  And yes, he was trying.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices