Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Cal Crutchlow maintain his MotoGP form? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Cal Crutchlow maintain his MotoGP form?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will Cal Crutchlow maintain his MotoGP form?

Cal Crutchlow scored another brilliant fourth place in last weekend's MotoGP, making it three fourths in a row if you count the final race of last season. Is this enough to count as form? Can we officially get excited about a bonafide British front-runner yet?  pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 May 2012 15:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

MCN

I personally like the fact that MCN are gathering the opinions of the MotoGP watching public. The website is viewed by people from around the globe and they are obviously looking at what the people think about 'the man of the hour' and whether he is here to stay.

I have been watching Cal since his stint in BSS on the N-gage Honda CBR600, the first time I saw him race was at Cadwell park in, I think 2005. He won that race and rode with a determination that you knew was going to get him far, having said that, I never expected him to reach GP level and now for him to be running at the front is phenomenal and a huge credit to Cals desire to reach the pinnacle of the sport and prove his doubters wrong..

I hope he continues his current run of form, settles down into a groove and a familiarity with running at the front, once that happens: Watch out aliens, there's some psycho from Cov charging up the inside of you when you least expect it, with no mercy and no regard for who you are!

Come on Cal! Give it the beans son! Get behind him MCN

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Cal is the real deal

I was lucky enough to be in Cals company on the night before he flew to Jerez and he was oozing belief and had a really positve take on his situation with tech 3 and The Bradley Smith and Dovi thing,On top of that He was relaxed, he is not one bit cocky in a bad way as some people try to portray him ,and I could just sense he was in a much better place than last year,If you watched him in qualifying that was not someone who just got a lucky position or timing but someone who meant business ,I truly believe we have after thirty odd years someone to really be pleased for, excited about and worth getting behind ,He has the whole package and is certainly no fool,Silverstone has the makings of an awsome gp for the brits,He will be on a factory bike next year and he will maintain his performance ,the poll is not needed but the results are right,Good luck Cal we have waited a long time for this

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

I don't see why not

I can see him continuing to develop and improve. As I said last year, he has his best opportunity to bag podiums and top 5's before the factories move their bikes on from the current state.

Reply to this Topic
BRAVO9992

Jan 04

BRAVO9992 says:

Cal will continue doing well until the factory bikes get a few upgrades and the satelite bikes get left behind. Unfortunately without the upgrades tht the yamaha factory  the gap to the front will only get bigger.

Cals only hope is tht the bosses see he could help lorenzo by taking points off casey/pedrosa and he gets a couple special parts for his bike later in the season

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

I be damn Wosi

I agree with you again today. What is wrong with me?! lol. Naw, but in all seriousness there should be a cautious optimism. Cal is doing great and I hope it continues. But let's shine some light on the players on this "Cal is gonna take Spies seat" thing. Spies is doing shit - no argument. But do you guys really believe he is gonna keep his current form up? That is the REAL question and clearly I don't. The guy just barely missed his 2nd victory in the last race last year by a cat's whisker yet he's gonna be running the full year with the CRT's on the same bike this year from last year? Doubt it. Cal has never matched what Spies did in WSBK nor his rookie year at Tech 3. Cal has a couple of 4th which is excellent but let's not forget Spies did much better than that his rookie year with a pole and podiums. Spies had his share of fuck ups last year but he also has his share of blinders like Assen, Indy, and Valencia. Cal has been promising this year but he will also have his stinkers as well. Spies has to do better no doubt to maintain his status. But also, let's not act like 2 4ths is the greatest thing since sliced bread either.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

For those of you wondering where the interview with Cal is, it's in this week's MCN... it's what MCN do, save it until Wednesday.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

I don't buy the pressure thing

Spies has proven his mental toughness time and time again especially coming up through Mladin's team. He's shown more mental toughness than anyone I've seen coming up all the through 600's. Now if he's lost motivation that's one thing but I don't buy the pressure thing. The Jarvis comments were months ago and Spies has been fast through the test and even at Qatar he was top 5 all weekend until the race. I just chalked the Qatar race up to bad luck. He had to race his bike he wrecked twice and it looked like a shopping trolley with 3 wheels it was chattering so bad. But last week he was just slow. Even though he put in a decent performance in QP he was slow all weekend really. It was said that he doesn't use a set up that the other Yamaha riders use and this maybe the problem. There has been some finger pointing at this crew which maybe the culprit. Whatever the deal is he better get his finger out of his ass and get it moving though. Last week was embarrassing. I would suspect that he will scrap with ever set up his side of the garage has been using and start off with something more similar to the others.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Poll.

Is this one of the more stupid questions posted by MCN?  

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Pointless poll really what is it gonna be next will Rossi win when he collects his first podium of 2012.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

GYTR

Not " when " but " if " . Going by the results of last year and the begining of this year , it aint looking good for the bloke .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices