AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Another one down :(

Just got sent this from a from a friend, RIP :upset:

28 year old killed

Rubber side down

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 May 2012 21:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

killed

another one near me,

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/archive/2005/04/18/Lancashire+Archive/5786765.Biker_dies_on__killer_road_/

it nearly happened to me,

so overtake one vehicle at a time,

there are NO signs for farm lanes and driveways.

Also it doesn`t help when vehicle drivers don`t drive on the left like i was taught.R.I.P. 

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

jaffa

same here hun but I love that road-always makes me a bit queasy coming over the back road to blacko tho but its because even though i know that road like the back of my hand it can catch any of us out at any time...there's very few places u can overtake safely and i dont take chances x

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

ffs

sorry something going wrong with link between profile... tis evlcat...

Any loss is tragic but makes me realise we have to live our lives-having seen what i've seen in the last few weeks I'd rather take my chances with the bike because at least i'd be doing something i love and (hopefully) it'd be quick or i'd be that unconscious i wouldnt feel a thing...

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

im one of the

lucky ones then, same road five  years ago right turn clyde no signal just turn right , bang  then scraping and screeching, then nothing total oblivion for twelve hours, fractured femur, and smashed ankle. but would and will still do it all again albeit with a little more caution.

R.I.P. guys at least you go out doing your thing not screaming for morphine for months while you slowly get eaten away.

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Is it just me????????

Is it just me, or does anyone else read this as "another stranger killed"?

I can't get into this idea that just because someone rides a bike they are a brother - they aren't, just another stranger I've never met and now won't!

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

respect

Your right shad but i respect other people who share the same interest as me/you.

Also my post gives advice to reduce (hopefully) more fatalities.

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Shad

Jaff, BR and me are local to the road on Jaffa's post, and I ride it virtually every time I go out.

The road itself has never been a problem for me, and its a great biking road,

However, there are one or two hidden turn offs and you have to have your wits about you (as you should allways)

There are places on the road that are fairly safe to go quick, and places that are not, and the accidents are always at the latter!

Its only 2 weeks since a member of Burnley M/C club was killed there also, and he knew that road like the back of his hand.

The upshot is, it will become a 30 limit, with the usual road furniture etc.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

52 Black shadow

If i heard you had been wiped out i would be sad,even though i have no idea who you are.Every time i here of a biker getting killed i get a wave of sadness.Possibly because you know in the back of your mind it could be you.:upset:

Ride safe,    Ash.:smile

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Thanks for sensible replies......

I read what you are saying, but wonder if we get too carried away with the death of another motorcyclist.  We don't post to discuss a car driver killed in an accident, or a pedestrian knocked over.

Please don't think me heartless, I'm saddened by any death and sorry for those left behind.  I would also be saddened to hear of the death of a member of this forum because you are people who I've some connection with, however I get a little uncomfortable when we have messages posted here 9not this one I agree) which talk of "another fallen brother".  I'm afraid that's not the case!

Ride safe all,

Shad. 

Reply to this Topic
jbennison

May 04

jbennison says:

I agree

with you Keith. Although a death is always sad for friends/family etc I can't feel anything for someone I have never met. Pretty much the same way I don't feel a connection when a celeb type person passes away (diana, freddie etc etc)

Obviously people deal with stuff like this in different ways and some people get genuinely upset so fair play to them. Guess I have a different view on life in general.

Just my ten bob

Take care

jb

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices