Ask an Expert fairings Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > fairings

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

NathanMitch28

Sep 11

fairings

I Need some help i have just purchased my first bike its a 1992 honda cbr 600f lovely to ride and i love that era styling but,i am very new to bikes but would like to do some work on it  i have someone to help with the mechanicel side of things but its the fairings that im struggling with they are l  ooking pretty worn mine has the fox eye headlights and red white blue paint scheme wich i would like to keep but  all the pics i can find of the 1992 f have the single headlightis mine looks like a 1994 cbr 400 tell me if im wrong

so, 1. has my bike had fairings changed

2.what fairings will fit the 1992 and where can i get them

3.any other usefull info and advice on improving my f2 mechanicly its pretty standard(apart from micron end can)

any advice would be much appreciated

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 May 2012 22:20)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mikeyzf600

Mar 12

mikeyzf600 says:

I'm

not claiming to be an expert on CBR's, especially the older models, but pretty sure the '92 models have a single headlight, so sounds like yours has been changed. 

Can you post a picture of your front end? (so to speak! :lol:

As to getting different fairings, search eBay. You will find plenty on there, either genuine ones or Chinese replicas. I've heard a few people say that the replicas aren't actually all that bad! 

When you say improving mechanically, do you mean performance-wise? 

Regards

Mike

Reply to this Topic
NathanMitch28

Sep 11

cbr

Cheers for the reply mate i agree about them being changed but i might not have to replace them now a friend has offered to help repair them.i put some pics on anyway,the monster stickers are hiding damage,as far as improving or changing things mechanicly im not really sure yet but any ideas tips or things you could recomend doing would be a help, cheers mate

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle