Skip to content

BMW BMW recalls 2012 S1000RRs S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > BMW recalls 2012 S1000RRs

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

BMW recalls 2012 S1000RRs

BMW is recalling around 1500 2012-model year S1000RRs built so far because of concern over gradual loosening of connecting rod bolts which may cause engine damage. The recall – dubbed a ‘technical campaign’ by BMW is not a safety recall and owners will be contacted directly.The work affects 150 bikes in the UK with the majority of the 1500 bikes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 May 2012 09:53)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pdhgixer

May 12

pdhgixer says:

bimer

suggest gixerkarl looks at www.recalluk.com for the numbers of jap bike recalls and the latest panigale recall. I have had all the gixer models up to and including the750 K5 in my 40 years of riding and they have mostly been superb but none have been anywhere near as good as the S1000rr or the dealer service I have received from BMW

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

s1000rr

great bikes, wish i could trade my k7 750 in for one,  ive had loads of problems with the suzuki. 

everyone has there opinion about what bike is good but the bmw s1000rr has comprehensively rubbed the japs nose in it, it has wiped the floor with everything for the past 3 years and who cares about the track because none of us are racers.  

the jap companys have a big big big gap to make up

hats of to bmw 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ahh gixercarl......

so pre "DICK" table What no "cock bike comments"????

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Gsxr1000 2012

Suzuki have recalled the 2012 gsxr 1000 apparently they have forgot to redesign the thing

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

kennygorrie

L O L

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

@ kennygorrie

Ha ha ha thats the best comment... lol i love it.. gold star for you.. i was planing on buying a 2012 Gixer 1000 but as you say they didnt bother with it in my opinion so opted for a ZX10r instead.. so happy with my choice, pure grin factor ...

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

easy

just get a new blade better than the BMW ,but hey everyone is different

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

I'm looking forward

to a recall on my Triumph. it's been so long now I've forgotten where my local dealer is, and I really miss them.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

MV F3 needs a recall apparently, for fueling issues!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Really?

@ kennygorrie – You should care about the track if you buy a BMW S1000RR for anything but the track or “pub racing”, since any of the Japanese super-sports are much better bikes for street riding, particularly the Honda Fireblade, since it has more power than the other 4-cylinder super-sports below 10,000 rpm. Don’t see many wringing the Beemer out past 11K to make use of its power advantage on a regular basis anywhere but the track.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices