Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's the most common bad driving habit you see while riding? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What's the most common bad driving habit you see while riding?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's the most common bad driving habit you see while riding?

Filter through slow moving traffic these days and you'll invariably see a car slowly weaving out of its lane, its driver hunched over a smart phone updating his Twotter or Faceberk. But is this modern failing now more common than traditional idiocies such as not indicating before turning, swerving while shouting at kids in the back, and thrashing through a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 May 2012 15:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TA1CH1

May 06

TA1CH1 says:

you forgot to mention spinning up doobies ....and tucking into Happy Meals.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

Smokers

Bloody smokers flicking ash and dog ends out of the window . Dirty bastards .

Loads of times ive had ash in my eyes while riding behind these dirty twats

Reply to this Topic
Jonathan

Aug 02

Jonathan says:

Not indicating

is a real problem these days. I have ordered a crystal ball.

Reply to this Topic
wurzel714

Dec 02

wurzel714 says:

Errmmmm.....

how the hell are you supposed to pick just one???????  you will see these day in, day out....

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

All of the above

Cars seem to be an extension of peoples living rooms these days. Driving is generally third or fourth on the list of things to do, whilst actually driving.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

my latest moan is....

The amount of drivers with mis-adjusted mirrors, if I can't see their face in them I doubt that they even know I'm behind them. Also the Twats that have dark tinted windows in the front, When they are waiting to pull out onto the road as I approach. I really do want to see your eyes looking at me. Allthough if I lived after hitting them side on, at least I could say SMIDSY.!!!

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Stupidity

Just good old fashioned stupidity. Weaving in their lane is a good example , you think they are going to come out but then they go back in to the other lane GRRRR! CHOOSE A LANE! ANY LANE!

Reply to this Topic
Fragpig

Oct 10

Fragpig says:

Overtaking Parked cars

Through a village i travel through twice a day it is essentially single carriageway because of cars parked outside the owners houses, the number of cars that overtake these cars straight at me expecting me to ride through the gutter, scraping my footpegs on the curbs. A TNT lorry did this in the rain, i was aquaplaning through massive puddles at the side of an HGV. Also on a long straight not far away a car had pulled over (to use his mobile)bearing in mind most vehicles are doing 70 along here, everyone coming towards me was overtaking it, i was going slower and slower, then about 20metres away a bus pulled out to overtake it, i was doing 30 now, well to the left so everyone could see me, and he pulled out, i gesticulated that he was a wanker, only to promptly get a grip of the handlebars again as the next 3 cars passed and forced me onto the verge and toward the 3metre deep ditch at the side. People are very reluctant to slow up/stop and will assume you will move over. Indeed through that village before, i have stopped in the road and had a standoff with a car overtaking into my right of way.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

The common ones are drivers talking blatantly on their cell phone without a hands free kit and never using their indicators to show any intention, also next time you are out walking look at parked cars tyres for lack of tread im sure you will get a massive shock as I have lost count of all the bald tyres I have seen on road worthy vehicles. Cops cream over speeders etc please can they start policing bad driving and vehicles that should not be on our roads.

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

All of the above

are problems for us at some time. But...the thing that REALLY amazes me, both when riding the bike or in the car, is the moronic and lazy habit of an awful lot of drivers to hang on in the middle or outside lane (especially the outside lane). This is particularly bad when, due to the massive queue in front of them, they all end up actually doing well under the limit for the road. Which then encourages (some of) the frustrated drivers/riders behind to undertake them in order to either:- maintain the speed limit, go faster, or just beat the queue. To be doing 50 or 60 on the outside lane of a motorway or dual carriageway and leave the middle and left lane clear seems perverse. Please people, move back into the clear inner lanes (where you may end up actually making quicker progress) and open up the other lanes for overtaking or faster drivers. Oh......and by the way....please indicate your intentions to do this clearly and early. As for the centre lane drivers...they must get dizzy with vehicles overtaking on both sides...it's getting just like the US with people going past on both sides.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices