Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's the most common bad driving habit you see while riding? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What's the most common bad driving habit you see while riding?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's the most common bad driving habit you see while riding?

Filter through slow moving traffic these days and you'll invariably see a car slowly weaving out of its lane, its driver hunched over a smart phone updating his Twotter or Faceberk. But is this modern failing now more common than traditional idiocies such as not indicating before turning, swerving while shouting at kids in the back, and thrashing through a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 May 2012 15:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

supermario

like I said a larger proportion of Drivers are polite but you will always get a few who have to barge their way in front. The picture you show on your homepage seems to show a very small penis...oh I get it now !!!!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Larger proportions?

Have you never seen signs at the side of the road leading to a lane reduction saying "use both lanes merge in turn". No silly me, you didn't see them because you were too busy maintaining a 2 inch gap to the car infront, scared that someone might get infront of you. Classic insecurity. Seems to me you're the guy worrying about his size.

Your moronic and infantile reply sums you up snev. No more need be said.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

supermario

great reply, Sums you up really.

Reply to this Topic
nathaniel2910

Apr 12

missed option

why is there no "all of the above" I come by all these hazards every day.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

None of the above

The bad habit which I notice most of all is stationary cars, at traffic lights for example, with their brake lights on. Whatever happened to applying the handbrake? This is even more annoying with the high-level brake lights fitted to the majority of cars. It's lazy, rude and shows no consideration for the person behind.

Reply to this Topic
jabbathehutt

Jun 09

jabbathehutt says:

Greetings, with 20million+ on the road then given that at least 10% have neither the physical or mental skills to make a good driver (Sun readers?) it's clear that you're not paranoid , they're out to get you. Unfortunately the same percentage applies to bike riders...........

Reply to this Topic
Bikefar

May 08

Bikefar says:

A habit car drivers have..

A habit car drivers have - or rather a habit car drivers don't have - is CHECKING THEIR STOP LIGHTS ARE STILL WORKING!! So often I see cars with no stop lights at all and when they stop violently I get no notice.

The police don't care although the penalty for not having lights that work is quite steep.

There's no excuse - when a driver reverses up to a plate glass window, just remember to check stop lights in their rear view mirror. Shop front, supermarket, garage, anywhere!

So hard...

Reply to this Topic
Bikefar

May 08

Bikefar says:

A habit car drivers have..

A habit car drivers have - or rather a habit car drivers don't have - is CHECKING THEIR STOP LIGHTS ARE STILL WORKING!! So often I see cars with no stop lights at all and when they stop violently I get no notice.

The police don't care although the penalty for not having lights that work is quite steep.

There's no excuse - when a driver reverses up to a plate glass window, just remember to check stop lights in their rear view mirror. Shop front, supermarket, garage, anywhere!

So hard...

Reply to this Topic
bibickeybi

Jun 07

bibickeybi says:

A habit car drivers have

A bad habit car drivers have is not indicating, to busy I guess , playing with the satnav, on the phone, changing the radio station, putting a new CD on, lighting up, finishing a meal, having a profound conversation with the passenger . No wonder they drive to close, they need to keep with the vehicle in front.  As mentioned before  brake lights on at traffic lights ? automatic!!!

Reply to this Topic
Ruddles

Sep 07

Ruddles says:

Pet hate

Cars stopped with their wheel against the nearside kerb whilst indicating that they're waiting to turn right, not allowing room for vehicles to pass on the nearside.

Cars who don't pull into the centre of the crossroads whilst waiting to turn right, thereby blocking the entire stream of traffic behind them.

Cars, full stop, really! 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices