Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Stoner leads dry second practice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Stoner leads dry second practice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Stoner leads dry second practice

Casey Stoner tops the times from Friday free practice at Estoril. The dry second practice session of the day allowed the Australian Repsol Honda rider to post a time of 1:38.396. Yamaha's Ben Spies was second quickest, after heading the times in the damp morning session. Britain's Cal Crutchlow was third fastest by just .025 seconds, and lapped faster than the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 May 2012 15:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Bootlegger

Just mentioned the rain as it keeps the teams from developing a good dry setup come Sunday.  Critical here as Estoril has varying surfaces throughout the entire track which the riders absolutely hate.  Rain just adds to everyone's hatred of this track.

I don't know if the Duc is a good machine in the wet or not.  Nicky has simply shown that he's pretty good in the rain anyway as shown from his AMA days and how well he did in the rain on the Hondas.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

+1 X2Glider

Estoril can throw up a huge can of worms. Was it a famous or infamous 125 race a couple of seasons back with Marquez.

On the Ducati/wet string...the bike is superb as it was last year. The Japanese manufacturer's have cause for concern when it is a wet race. And I believe it has much to do with the very configuration and layout of the L-4 big bang Preziosi mill. The thing is stonking along with huge pulses of torque and BHP, the mass concentration on the front keeping the plot planted. Easy to ride.

The paradigm shifts when its dry. Thats when the pilot has to bully the front into submission.

Stoner understood it and had the raw tallent to deal with it even when it spat him out, surprisingly, less often than is suggested. 

To sum up,I rate the Ducati the equal of the HRC and Yamaha bikes. It is just a lot more rider input intensive.

The old nursery rhyme bit applies.' When she was good she was very good,but when she was bad,she was wicked.' 

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Jorges Performance

Hugelean - If Jorges performance on the Yamaha is poor then the rest of the grid might as well pack up & go home & we will just give Casey the championship & clear off down the pub.I really dont understand where youre coming from with your post as Jorge gets exellent results & is extremely consistant !

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Still don't get the comments about wet races favouring the Ducati. There were 3 wet races last year, from memory.

Jerez - Roosi crashed - never mind the 'he was fastest on track at the time'. That's why he crashed...  A Ducati didn't win, nowhere near.

Silverstone - Rossi, less said etc.  Ducati still didn't win, nowhere near. Hayden going well towards the end but lapping faster than Stoner when Stoner had knocked right off didn't mean anything.

P.I. - Rossi crashed.  Hayden not too bad again but still a Ducati nowhere near winning.

Putting them near the top of timesheets in wet practise sessions isn't really a true indication of their performance in the wet. The above 3 races from last year are.

It has of course won races in the wet, but that's a whole different issue....

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

waiting

for woof woof wosidog to start......aaahhh rossi not so far off now is he,come on start slagging stoner off again....i think stoner had arm pump or he`d have done a 1.35  lol

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Bulto I'll tell you why

It is the relentless consistency of the Ducati in changeable weather that sells me the point. The consistency of the package is in the hands of the riders,not Preziosi. A seriously wet race may prove the point.

Hey BennyH. I'll raise you a wicked woman, some sexy boots and a #46 plate that this will be one interesting weekend. Cheers mate. 

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

HOW THE FU** ?

So Lorenzo could have won the last 3 meeting`s of 2011 ? Why didn`t he then ?

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Lorenzo99 - extremely consistant, 2nd in the title, putting up good fight, getting the best out of it..... etc etc.. At the end of the day last year was Yamahas worst wins tally since 2003 end of... In reality Jorge has took the dominant package of the last 10 years and delivered it's worst performance in that period.. If Rossi or Stoner had done that there wouldn't be one 'good season' comment from here to Wagga Wagga... You just can't compare Jorge to the rest of the field, only Moaner.. Top factory kit, lead rider(the top factory kit bit excludes Rossi) sole job to win the title. I honestly don't know how he's got away with it.. Bootlegger- small fly in your ointment, lets take you baseline Casey the only rider to tame the duke . On the duke he had 3 wins in 2010 . On the honda the next season he had 11 wins.. That's a swing of almost 4 times. His results were almost 4 times better than what he did on the ducati on the honda, go back a year on the duke if it helps.. The only thing on a par is your deductive reasoning and a gnats testicles..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Hugearse

So not only are you pissed at the demise of your 'God'.................... your'e now having a go at Jorge!!!!!!

Get fkn real! You just can't accept the fact that Stoner is currently just a bit better than the rest can you?

'Anyone but Stoner'.................................Your'e a friggin' retard.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

Below is the partial times for the best laps of FP2 at Estoril.

resources.motogp.com/files/results/2012/POR/MotoGP/FP2/BestPartialTime.pdf

if you look at rossi times for T1 and T3 , they arent that bad, more or less the same as the leading guys.

he loses 8 tenths in sector T2 and T4, which is a lot.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices