Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Stoner leads dry second practice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Stoner leads dry second practice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Stoner leads dry second practice

Casey Stoner tops the times from Friday free practice at Estoril. The dry second practice session of the day allowed the Australian Repsol Honda rider to post a time of 1:38.396. Yamaha's Ben Spies was second quickest, after heading the times in the damp morning session. Britain's Cal Crutchlow was third fastest by just .025 seconds, and lapped faster than the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 May 2012 15:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Huge

makes you wonder what Rossi and his team could do with the Yamaha....

No it don't.

He had one. He got beat on it. He left. End of.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

FULL OF WONDER...

Make`s you wonder what Barbera could do on the Yam ?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

makes you wonder what Rossi and his team could do with the Yamaha

Time to give it up now, really it is. What makes you think he'd be performing better than Lorenzo on the Yamaha. Or would his legendary development and set up skills give him the edge?  I don't think so.

Whoi said this a few weeks ago about the Ducati?

"It is unrideable and it doesn’t matter what track you are on. I cannot enter the corners hard and we can’t hope the situation will change with the new Bridgestone tyres. These aren’t problems that can be solved with set-up alone."     "Ducati did not follow the route that I have indicated. I am not an engineer and I cannot solve every problem."

Then who said this, this weekend

"I am good in the first section and the third section because the bike is good in braking and is quite stable, and I can enter with a good speed and it's these places where I am close to the top guys."

So, the "best set up team in the business" announced a few weeks ago the bike couldn't be iomproved with set-up alone. It was unrideable and Ducati needed to change it.

One slice of humble pie later and using Hayden's settings after a shoe-ing from the boss, he has improved. You'll notice Hugelean, that's a complete U-turn on not being able to improve the bike with set-up. He should have been more specific - I can't improve it, not, it can't be improved. All of a sudden, the bike will brake deep and hard into the corners. The stuff of legend.

As ever though, I see the politics are coming in to play again. They are now claiming they aren't using Hayden's settings, they are using the 'default' Ducati setting...

Oh yes - Barbera in front of him on the reject bike - and not just because he got a tow off Lorenzo. He put in another 2 or 3 laps of the same time later on. Tomorrow will be interesting between those two if they are close together after the first lap melee..

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

lol lol

hugelean is a typical rossi fanatic.......what could rossi do with a yamaha.... well in 2010 he got his ass whupped by lorenzo and would have got his ass whupped in 2011 by stoner......so what could rossi do on a yamaha......come 3rd at best......cos like it or not......jorge and casey have eclipsed rossi.....so start bleeting now if u think he`s gonna make a come back next year and win cos even if he was on a honda or yamaha he`d still lose

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

race pace

Out of the three aliens, Lorenzo managed twice as many laps (10) in the mind 1.37s compared to stoner and Pugwash. Calbert ALSO managed 5 laps in the mid 37s, gonna be a good one tomorrow.

Pampers its ok mate, Spies wont let ya down he may sneak a top six tomorrw for you, and its ok to insult  me but no need for the racial shit,

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

COST-CUTTING.....

It would have much cheaper to have not worried about the CRT`s,they could have stuck 10 of the Moto  2 bike`s at the back of the grid,much cheaper and just as quick. In fact if they were allowed to use Supersport spec engine`s,they would probably be faster !  Can you imagine Rossi finishing behind a couple of `em ?   Wow,now that`d be funny !

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Pampers what about you bitchcleaner oh yeah is it cleaning rubbish.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

mcn

The online coverage of moto gp and racing in general is rubbish.Still nothing on here about who is on pole for the gp tomorrow,also the coverage both online and in mcn of moto 2 plus world supersport is pathetic.especially supersport.i remember when mcn used to cover speedway/trials and all forms of racing.in my opinion mcn is turning into a political rag and is losing touch with real motorcycling.i dont care what a load of celeb bikers are up to.get back to reporting racing and motorcycling at all levels and drop the politics and celeb crap this isnt hello on bikes,or is it ?

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

rossi

simon cb1000 i couldnt agree more ,well said.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Pampers Pampers

At least you know your name, babies are full of shit and have no idea what they are saying and throw a fit when they dont get their own way, much like yourself. Yes Pampers it is (or huggies if you prefer)

Awesome start to the season my your hero pampers. ( spies is gonna own Crutchlow and dovi asscleaner boy,), to quote your so grown up response to the (now well proven) point i made. that it may be close between the tech3 team and Spies (after his shit year last year)

No i must appologise for comparing Spies with Dovi for the past 18 months .Because he's clearly nowhere near as good as Dovi..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices