Skip to content

Ask an Expert Last post hopefully and all the info I need! Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Last post hopefully and all the info I need!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

Last post hopefully and all the info I need!

I am taking my test soon as the law is changing on tests in 2013 first quarter. 

I am thinking of buying a new kit which is reasonably cheap but sturdy. 

At the moment I have a Caberg Konda, A* SP-1 gloves and a Spidi h2o jacket.

What brands would you recommend for a full kit (Helmet, jacket, gloves, trousers, boots)

My Spidi jacket is pretty good although, it sounds stupid, I'd like something a bit thinner as it constricts my neck movement for doing a lifesaver etc. 

When I had a look about when first getting my kit I found that RST were pretty reasonable price for what I got in return.

In a nutshell, my questions are:

Trustworthy brands for full kit head to toe (RST?/Helmet?)
Textile vs Leather (I don't drive a car so everyday use)
Also just to add, what are your opinions on Draggin Jeans? Worth it? or a gimmick?

Thanks guys!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 May 2012 23:23)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
verguson

Sep 09

verguson says:

Hein Gerricke

My Hein Gerricke Jacket and Trousers have done me grand for 3 years, best money I've ever spent on kit. As far as I can make out its the Tricky III Performance Jacket. So long as you give it a dose of nikwax it stays water proof, and the thermal lining helps me ride all year round. I only have a short commute now, but I used to work as a supply teacher. I would  get a call last minute and have to be ready, travel as much as an hour or more in all weathers and have to be able to peel of my Gericke jacket trousers and be smart and dry underneath.

Boots these days are altberg: made to measure and hand crafted. Ugly as sin though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices