You are in... Forums > General > General > New member of the family

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

New member of the family

Traded in my gsx650F for this modest runabout today.   Was sad to see the 650F go, tbh - she'd been a flawless and faithful machine.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to putting a few miles on this beauty.  :smile

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 May 2012 01:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
lesleyh

Aug 09

lesleyh says:

Thats one hell of a nice bike you've got yourself there. Here's to many miles of pleasure:biggrin:

Think we all feel a bit guilty at trade-in time, a lump of metal and yet we have such strong feelings towards that machine that gave us so much pleasure. 

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

i know that feeling

trading in, it makes my stomach churn, I feel like I'm getting rid of my pets:mad:

Soon happy again tho, 
Slo very nice beasty of a machine, but it seems since Lesley has got her new one it hasn't stopped raining:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

fjr1300

Thanks Lesley & BabyBlade...  maybe after a few thousand miles feelings about the old gsxf will die down,  but you're right about the guilty feeling - it's like what did the old one ever do wrong?  Bit like trading in a faithful girlfriend for something more up-market.

OK, maybe it's not quite the same as a g/f, but one does get so attached to a particular bike.  And you ride them both, I suppose.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Nice

The day the Harley has to go I shall be going out for the day. I don't think I could let it go without being physically peeled off it. Sad, I know, but I'm afraid Mr B will be left to deal with the details if/when the time comes.

I think you're going to enjoy yourself with that new bike. Hope you get some sunshine so  you can get out soon as possible :smile 

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

S L

your getting as bad as me for collecting bikes, ive just had orders that some of them have to go, from swmbo so its an order, just have to find another place to hide the buggers to keep her silenced.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

nice, comfy looking beast...

...and they can shift!!....Leicestershire old bill have got some, and saw them on high speed training a few weeks back, pretty impressive tbh!!

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

slowlearner

great bikes handles alot better than most people think and fast still sorry I had to sell my fjr  you should have great fun on it and really good in the wet you dont get wet that much 

Reply to this Topic
princessvanvan

Jan 12

nice

looking bike u have there :sunglasses:  hope u enjoy putting many happy miles on it :biggrin: vv

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Appreciate the encouragement!

Need all I can get at the moment... the misses was supportive when I told her I was off to sell one of the bikes.   I think she expected me to return home by bus, though,  not on this beastie  :lol:

Did about 230 miles today, a surprisingly nice, smooth ride.  Can't help feeling it's missing a 6th gear, though.   It is without doubt a heavy bugger, but the weight is nicely distributed low down - it doesn't have that nasty top-heavy feel the 650F always had, even after totally filling the tank - which cost nearly £30! :shock:

Hell of a range too - where I'd have been expecting to fill the old bike up again, this one is still showing nearly 1/2 tank left.

SteveB - they do indeed shift, hell of a lot of torque!  No wonder the filth like them, they'd make great pursuit vehicles.

Bikerbit - they do handle pretty well - I was surprised at how nimble it is for a quite big bike, certainly doesn't feel like 630-odd lbs once it's underway.

VV: Thank you!

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

s l

Enjoy the new bike matey-she looks a cracker! I was up at a dealers near Edinburgh today and saw an F in the exact same colour as mine was and it brought back a lot of good memories... soon forgotten when coming home in the pissing rain tho and all I could think about was frostbite lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices