Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Stoner takes first pole of 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Stoner takes first pole of 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Stoner takes first pole of 2012

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has taken his first pole position of the 2012 season at Estoril today, beating team-mate and title rival Dani Pedrosa. Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow continues his impressive start to the 2012 campaign with third place on the grid, completing the front row. The second row comprises Factory Yamaha riders Jorge Lorenzo and Ben spies with Alvaro...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 May 2012 19:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Another great result for Cal but why has Andrea Dovizioso being given new brakes ahead of him?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

wow

only five hours after qualifying finished, nice work mcn

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

CCB......

My thoughts exactly.

Article signed by: MCN. Maybe Birt is on holiday or they have given him the push?

Crutchlow in stunning form again! We have had two good races to start the year and Estoril rarely gives much entertainment near the front (2006 obvious exception) so I reckon this on may be a bit of a dud. I hope the new bikes and certain riders prove me wrong.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

New brakes, old brakes?

Billybob haven't you read, it's because Cal is more a WSBK style rider, and Andrea a pure GP man. Ostensibly this means working class Coventry Cal needs to learn to brake less and corner speed more, whilst GP aristocracy Andrea needs the opposite. Although you would've thought that goatee thing sticking out under Andrea's chin bar would've provided a commensurate amount of drag to mitigate the 17% more effort 'old' Brembo's.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Lorenzo

For me tomorrow if it stays dry, yeah didnt set the faster time but was smooth and ultra consistent. Stoner was ragged at times.

Cal was superb and is full of confidence, not sure the brakes thing, maybe just down to experience as nostro says in his condiscending way.

One second covering the top ten WWB pretty close eh? Spies seems to have found his mojo, he was unlucky today. Lets see if he can take it into the race and not disapoint like so many times last year.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Lazy feckers

Have used the same pic of stoner for two threads running!!! pull your finger out MCN!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

motogp

Predictions for tomorows race .1st stoner ,2nd ped ,3rd jlo , 4th spies , 5th crutch or dovi . Any takers!.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

trailer

Lorenzo, pugwash, stoner ,cal, dovi, Rossi ,Spies

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Nostro

No I hadn't read about it actually. I saw the short interview on the BBC news site when Cal was interviewed and he did sound cheesed off that Dovi had been given upgraded brakes ahead of him. He said he had a problem with the brakes and sounded disappointed he wasn't getting the upgraded version. Thia does not mean his WSB riding style is to blame at all. I wouldn't describe Dovizioso as ''GP aristocracy'' either. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/17968367

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Prediction

I reckon James Ellison will win

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN