Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Stoner victorious MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Stoner victorious

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Stoner victorious

Current MotoGP champion Casey Stoner dominated at Estoril today to take his second victory in a row onboard his Repsol Honda and his first ever win at the Portugese circuit. Stoner lead from start to finish, leading second place finisher Jorge Lorenzo comfortably. Stoner's team-mate Dani Pedrosa finished third. Brit Cal Crutchlow again had a batte with Tech 3 team-mate Andrea Dovizioso, this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 May 2012 14:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamBoy2007

Oct 09

YamBoy2007 says:

ACANADA46

It's a shame the factory Kawasaki's are not still racing in Moto GP, need to change the colour of your tractor old fella !!!!!!!!!!!

Back in 2014, bye from me.

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Yawn fest

Got back around 9pm from a long day at work, looking forward to all the racing on record.......fuck me I would rather have watched a DVD of Steve Davis talking about his favorite carpet samples. Motogp was shit, has dani, jorge & stoner bought parc ferme? And the super bike racing was a big let down with all that rain pish, now where did I put that DVD?

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Sure Buell my little confused friend, i can explain for you.

I would gladly watch these guys ride around on their own for hours on end, especially at the track itself. Every one of them gave it 100% today, and yeah there wasn't much overtaking but i seriously couldn't give two fu**s. It is more entertaining with fairings being bashed but i would never have the cheek to call it boring. How about you go out and risk your bacon, then get told you're boring ...

Anyone with half a clue who watched the race today will appreciate the problems(especially Stoner) had to ride around today. Who remembers the Slo-mo out of the last corner showing the severe chatter on Casey's Honda? Read his post race interview, he explains how he had to adjust some settings and change his riding style to combat it. The adaption involved is nothing short or legendary. Adaption ... something you and the yellow clowns don't know too much about. 

I seem to remember you thought Qatar wasn't boring ... oh yes, because Stoner didn't win.

Also, that 'anyone but Stoner' attitude is going to guarantee boredom and depression when he wins.. shame really. Look at the bigger picture, Stoner has never won at Jerez or Estoril and he does a clean sweep in 2 weekends.

Appreciate it and stop the moaning, we've had enough of that from Rossi. Oh and speaking of Rossi, who at the end of 2010 would have thought he's be happy with 7th 18months down the road ?... not me anyway.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bultoboy

That was my point, there are thousands of combinations and obviously they tried a fair few. But they obviously didn't try ALL the options over and over, because they used settings that were close to Haydens and started getting reasonable results straight away.

The 80secs to fix the problem was with the GP12 and they must rue the day they ever said that. They never realised how bad the Duke was, how it wouldn't respond to the 'normal' tuning techniques and off course how well CS masked the shortcomings of it.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

When your good enough to be in MotoGP, won 9 championships, then spent 18months trying to get a pig of a bike to handle and having no luck. THEN you can tell us that you wouldn't be satisfied with 7th. Otherwise your opinion doesn't mean jack shit.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A couple of great quotes from the Corse boys

Rossi is happy with seventh, slowly exploring the potential of the GP12 and stalking the limit - which by his own admission he's not at yet. This weeks problem supposedly is getting all those rampaging 285 ponies of DE's to the ground.

Yet Rossi's problems were nothing compared to Hayden's. It seems some cheeky Portuguese Monkey highjacked Nicky's bike whilst playing MotoGP on his PSP trackside. Ha, ha, excuse of the century!

Oh how frustrating it must be for Preziosi to see his magnificent creation being wielded in such piss poor ways by a couple of washed up thirty somethings.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

awww, have i upset you little firebird, for bad-mouthing God himself? I didn't realise i needed 9 world titles to express an opinion... i guess everyone on here is talking shit then? including yourself?

So you're telling me he should be satisfied with 7th? he left Yamaha to be happy with 7th at Ducati? .. ok then. And hey, he was suppose to be the dev king, so who's fault is it? his riding ability or dev skills?

Sit down, shut up and try, just try to enjoy the races. Thing is, people like yourself most likely only watch Motogp for Valentino 'the excuse maker' Rossi, so once he retires i hope you'll do the right thing and call it a day aswell.

There's a good little Banana.

Reply to this Topic
deeplycynicalman

Feb 12

moto gp is the winner...

Well done Casey! Another masterclass in Moto GP riding from Stoner. Granted it may have not been the most exciting race to watch, but you cannot take away from the fact that he took it by the scruff of the neck and controlled it convincingly, Despite his mid race problems - which he adapted to and overcame. Lorenzo was close and rode an excellent race, but was never close enough in the sections that he was quicker to pull off an overtake. It was good to watch the different styles of riding so close to eachother. Well done Rossi. Finally some progress. Congrats to Dani on 100 podiums. Maybe when Stoner and Lorenzo retire you will get to stand on the top step again.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Stoner's 20th race with Honda.

19Podiums (Rossi Jerez is the missing one)
12Victories
13Poles

Pretty boring i guess.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Not a classic ....

But I doubt Dani or Jorge left anything on the tarmac, and if Casey could have built a better buffer I'm sure he would have.  It was only in the last couple of laps that it became obvious the top 3 had been decided, and by that time Cal had waved the white flag at Andrea as well.

Moto2???? Sure there was a great battle for the top step from Marc and Pol, but considering the size of the grid and the homogenous nature of the bikes there was hardly a surfeit of excitement.

And finally - excuses.  Everyone seems to have at least one because they are all racing on the limit, so either the tyres, engine, supension, electronics, physical problems, personal demons, (etc. etc. etc.) or a combination of the above set that limit.  The riders are constantly asked "how come you didn't win?" so they respond.  I find it interesting to know what went on in the race that I couldn't see on track - others don't.  Their loss.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices