Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Stoner victorious MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Stoner victorious

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Stoner victorious

Current MotoGP champion Casey Stoner dominated at Estoril today to take his second victory in a row onboard his Repsol Honda and his first ever win at the Portugese circuit. Stoner lead from start to finish, leading second place finisher Jorge Lorenzo comfortably. Stoner's team-mate Dani Pedrosa finished third. Brit Cal Crutchlow again had a batte with Tech 3 team-mate Andrea Dovizioso, this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 May 2012 14:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Boring?

I thought it was a brilliant race. Casey looked fast but ragged, the bike was chattering it's arse off all over the place. Jorge looked smooth and I thought he'd definitely get the better of Casey. If the rest of the season is like this, I'll be well pleased.

Reply to this Topic
MotoZ

May 12

MotoZ says:

Race

Amazing Stoner can race like that with the chatter and overcome it.Brilliant performance from both he and Jorge and Honda must seriously be looking to have the 2 of them in the Repsol team next year.Maybe Dani will be making a shift.Dovi with his new brakes...ha ha.Looks like Dovi is also starting to feel more comfortable on the Yamaha and I expect him to be able to bring it to Cal more often now..though I think it will be close overall between them.Glad to see Estoril going as a race track for MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
MotoZ

May 12

MotoZ says:

Race

2 of the best riders in the world racing at full pelt on a knife edge fractions of a second between them for most of the race.Yeh it was boring alright..whenever the camera left these 2 guys or went to some dumb camera angle.Close ups of Stoner and Lorenzo at full speed in MotoGP are never boring and we need more of this footage during televised coverage in situations like this.

Reply to this Topic
caniborrowcaseyswife

Mar 11

soooo good

to watch casey ride like that, never found it boring at all, think jl is now realising its gonna be a hard season again....cal and dovi are gonna be at it all season and wtf is going on with ben, thought he was going to do good this yr.....as for rossi...pleased with 7th ??..think hayden must have used the 80 sec fix for this race !!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Back to the salt mine...

Quote of the day by some self deprecating tool regarding Flo's Ducati World Tour...

"It was never going to be a 5 minute job!". Hahahaha haha ha hahahahahahaha...

Fkng comedy gold or what? Good to see that even though Flo couldn't win the chook raffle at the local RSL, his fans are happy to take the piss out of themselves.

So, the big question...

Will CRT be Spies only option next year? Currently, I see no other choice for him.

btw, I believe Doohan now has the wins/starts ratio record over Flo after his DORNA cohorts were unable to 'fix' the bike that used to be a winner in the hands of a certain Aussie!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Bloodbubble

I don't know which race you were watching, but I thought it was great. After 3 rounds the top two guys are within a point of each other. On the track they are fighting for tenths (if not hundredths). During qualifying Pedrosa and Stoner were within 8 thousandths of a second per lap at one stage.

Your talk of wanting to see fairing bashing tells me that you have never raced a bike or gone high speeds. Fairing bashing is dangerous. Just ask Simoncelli. If that's what you want to see, then I'd go watch the smash up derbys or that idiotic figure 8 racing they had in the USA. There was a smash a minute there.

Perhaps you're part of the yellow panty brigade and that's why it's all a bore for you. If you are then you probably thought 2001-2005 were exciting right? Even though they were amongst the most boring years of racing in my memory.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Moto GP ?

Not the most exiting of races but they cant all be edge of the seat material.There is always Moto 2,which always seems to offer very close intense racing.Any way the race.

Congratulations Casey - I think Jorge will need some cryptonite if he is to stop Casey winning the championship at this rate.Casey + Honda = Invincible,or so it would seem.As for Jorge not trying,yeah right.He would have given it his all,he is very,very close.He just needs that little bit extra,I just hope he dosnt crash trying to find it.The same goes for Dani.

I hope that Casey dosnt win nearly all the races this season in the same fashion.Not knocking Casey but its not good for veiwing.Thank goodness for Cal & Dovi though,these two seem to be very evenly matched & up for a good battle every race.As for which one will triumph,I dont know & I dont really care so long as its exiting.

Rossi - It does seem that he is making slight progress,but 7th is where you would expect to see a reasonable satellite team rider not a legend.I just hope his slight progress continues & that he dosnt slip back down the result table again.We will see.

Ben - Dont understand it at all.He is a very good rider,this just isnt right.There is some thing going on,some thing hidden.Maybe hes got Rossi itus,it must be contagious,or maybe Yamaha have run out of parts for there factory bikes & bought some dodgy carbon fibre frames from Ducati for Ben to use.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Did anyone else read the articles where the manufacturers said thet they wouldn't give Rossi one of there bikes? that's right bothe Yamaha and Honda managers said that

The funniest post goes to Danoukis;

For the whole race they never make a move thats what Rossi does

Uhm Rossi was in that race mate and he wasn't fighting something about I'm not happy with the bike to push or change my style.

Bloodbubble I took your comment seriously I put my hand on my heart and yes I'D rather watch the racing than see Your monotonous shit you post on here every week, But hey if you don't like it you could do not only yourself and us a favour by pushing the power button on your tv and your pc.

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

Conspiracy theory

I have never started a conspiracy theory before, so here goes.

Whilst copying Hayden's settings someone from the Rossi camp obtained the frequency settings for Hayden's CPU and decided to help their hero become the lead rider for Ducati by playing havoc with Hayden's electronics during the race.

I have also heard from a reliable psychic that Rossi was seen standing on a grassy knoll at Dallas in the early sixties.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Don't blame Stoner..

..for a dull race, it's surely up to the others to take the race to him. Unfortunately with Lorenzo and Pedrosa playing the long game of damage limitation,  both only pushing hard enough to keep stoner honest, neither are prepared to throw away a hatfull of points.

Surely soon one, or both will have to come out of the comfort zone to force the issue,  which will raise the issue of how fast can Stoner go if really pushed.

Congratulations to the organisers for slashing admission prices (5 euro for raceday I heard mention?) and filling the place, most will buy programmes, food , merchandise & all the other shit...so a win win situation all round......if only the main race wasn't so dull

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices