Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Stoner victorious MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Stoner victorious

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Stoner victorious

Current MotoGP champion Casey Stoner dominated at Estoril today to take his second victory in a row onboard his Repsol Honda and his first ever win at the Portugese circuit. Stoner lead from start to finish, leading second place finisher Jorge Lorenzo comfortably. Stoner's team-mate Dani Pedrosa finished third. Brit Cal Crutchlow again had a batte with Tech 3 team-mate Andrea Dovizioso, this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 May 2012 14:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

Power and torque

Usually I just ignore the many stupid and ignorant comments - but saying there is a difference between torque and power is just one too many, sorry Benny.

Torque is a measured quantity - it is a measure of the twisting force developed by the power unit.  Power is a calculated quantity and uses the torque and revs to do teh calculation - so no, fundamentally there is NO direct difference between torqu and power.  They are directely related by the engine speed.  If you have one and the engine speed you can calculate the other very simply.

Specifically, HP = rpm x torque/5252

No doubt the muppets will slag me off for the above - who cares, your ignorance doesn't change facts.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Comprehensively dissed

And not a lyric in sight. Liking your work Benny.

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

Oh dear

Dear me Bennyboy.  You do have something of a complex going on there.  City and Guilds - I like it ... good one.  The guys at work will have a good chuckle at that one I am sure.  Full marks for recognising that I was using imperial units though, I wasn't expecting that! 

By the way, I think you meant angular velocity (or at least angular speed), not speed ... but it is such sloppy usage that is at the heart of my problem with your post - its an occupational hazard for me.  As it happens, I know what you meant to say, and I probably was being a little pedantic - but I battle such sloppiness in usage and shallow understanding daily.  It just offends me.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

bloodbubble

I know we're only three races in, and the other two were pretty good, and I appreciate the skill involved, and I'm sure they were all trying as hard they could, probably, but as a race it wasn't that great.

Contradiction?

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

It was an ok race

Would have been better if lorenzo had the cojones to take it to stoner. Maybe he's worried about trying and coming up lacking? Please don't tell me i don't appreciate racing if I can't appreciate the tension of the stalking. It's only tension if you believe the stalker is ever going to make a pass...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Preziosi's comment

or rather an extract

and in fact we are not opening the throttle body at low rpm, because the torque is more than the chassis is able to use.

Leaving aside the torque argument, I'm confused. If you don't open the throttle, how do you get from low revs to high revs..??

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Bultoboy Throttle bodies

He may be referring to secondary butterly valves. Presumably, the bikes got so much grunt, that the rider initially twisting the grip will only result in the first set of butterflies opening, but with the secondaries closed.

The bike may also have fly-by-wire electronic units and they open very slowly initially.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

fueling.

over fueling the throttle bodys at low rpm .

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

some good comments

But really Bulto why do you always disbelieve anything Ducati, Rossi or Burgess says?
They are not purposely telling lies just to confuse the likes of you.They are a highly skilled workforce and how the likes of you or anyone else has the audacity to say they dont know what they are doing and that they are failing with this project is beyond belief.
The task of getting any bike anywhere near the front of a Moto Gp race is enormous and far beyond mere mortals like ourselves.
Show them some respect for a change.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Friggin' hell

A rare moment when I get to look on the internet at work and there you are Buel, wading in with another lecture.

For pity's sake man, if you're natural language is English, there was a little comic value in what Preziosi said and therefore a little irony in what I said about opening the throttle.

Just for you, I would guess that what Preziosi was trying to say  -  as if he was speaking in English it may have been said incorrectly, which is understandable obviously  -  is that the engine is too powerful at low revs making it difficult for the riders to control it at low throttle.

Whatever it was, I just found it amusing (in my little world) to wonder how Ducati can make an engine rev, even slowly, without opening the throttle (bearing in mind low revs on one of those is probably 8000rpm....)

That aside, you refuse to accept that your gods JB and VR have any shortcomings, or that they have right royally screwed up in the last 18 months. Whether you care to admit it or not, they have and VR himself wailed after Qatar that the bike couldn't be fixed with set-up. Well what happened next...  You chose not to comment on the FACTS and QUOTES that I mentioned in my earlier response to you. I wonder why? - because it doesn't fit your ideal?

As for consistency and contradiction in VR feedback - No mention of the engine being too powerful in Sepang 1 was there.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices